What's new

Preamp for Paradigm Active 40 (1 Viewer)

Wynda

Auditioning
Hello to All:

I am in the process of upgrading the preamp section in my system. I have sampled various components, including preamps from Parasound, B&K, Sim Audio, Ayre. I am now contemplating the new Krell preamp. I was wondering if anyone has had any experience with synergy between Krell and Paradigm. Just curious. I would obviously appreciate any input at this time. Also, any other piece that folks would recommend for my stereo-only system? Thanks in advance.

FYI: My system consists of the following--

Sony CDP XA20ES (Single disc CD Player)
Monarchy DIP
Perpetual Technology P3A DAC
Musical Fidelity A300 Integrated amp (Preamp only)
Paradigm Active 40s;)

Zbigniew

Stunt Coordinator
howdy,

I got a hold of a used Lexicon MC-1 - since my rig is only used for music, with sources beeing a rack full of CD-changers running through DXS (very nice digital cross connect from Nirvis), and a record player waiting for an upgrade.

What was importan for me was a processor which will create a whole room sound - so the list was hort, Merridian 568 and Lex MC-1. Lex was 3 times cheaper...

I run it without center channel.

Looks like you spend a lot of time in 2 channel mode - thus I would look closely at Bryston; it has a separate 2 channel audio section, and a very good 5.1/7.1 channel mode. Also new Lexicon just shown at CES is worthy checking in your home.

All the best,

_zjt

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks