What's new

Power for Sennheiser HD580 Headphones? (1 Viewer)

Brian Cal

Stunt Coordinator
I'm thinking about buying a pair of these now that my 1-year old is waking up to noise much more easily :frowning:

I just want to make sure that I will get the most bang for my buck by plugging these directly into the jack on my Denon AVR-2802, which is rated at 90 WPC. Or, would I need some sort of separate headphone amp?

Thanks.

Ryan T

Second Unit
I own a pair of Sennhesier Hd-580's(great cans btw). I use my receiver to power them and its too far off from a dedicatd headphone amp. I had a very nice corda HA-1 headphone amplifier which had crossfeed too. It did make an improvment but I was still satified with the sound unamped. If i had a better CD player i'm absolutly sure the difference would be much more apparent but with my nearly 10 year old H/K CD changer it wasn't too much better. I think the biggest change with a good headamp is the clarity in the bass and treble. Also it just sounded amazing with vocal music like norah jones and such.

Ryan

Jonathan Lofgren

Stunt Coordinator
Hi,
I have a pair of HD 580s and a Marantz SR 6200 receiver and the sound is really good. I'm sure that it could be better with a separate headphone amp, but I am quite satisfied.

MarkO

Second Unit
One of the best amps going for the HD580 600 650 phones is the Perreaux SXH1 (audio Advisor) Its $350 but worth every penny. Very rich "tube like" sounding amp. It replaced a Creek OBH 11 that i now have for sale in the FS section.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks