What's new

Post your screen images here. (1 Viewer)

Holadem

Senior HTF Member
Not a very endearing picture to show your stuff with, Kevin, especially if you're trying to sell your projector... For example, no ad exec would ever use that picture, be it by far the most gorgeous shot in the world because they wouldn't want the negative feelings resulting from the picture to be associated with the product. Those things are true you know... :)

--
Holadem

JawhnM

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Jawhn MacCaine
I will try to find out what equipment he used and post it. He is in the Army reserve and is in Iraq right now, so that may not be very easy.

Rich H

Second Unit
Jeeze, this thread contains some of the first good screen shots I've seen (outsida mine >wink

JawhnM

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Jawhn MacCaine
That plasma is very nice (GREAT pics). I would love to have one of those. I did some A/B comparisons between the first shot of Sully and mine and it appears yours has more detail and is a bit sharper and brighter (note the ceiling). This does not surprise me. Most of the plasma's I've seen all look anywhere from very good to incredible, depending mostly on adjustment. Also my CRT is a fairly low end model. I have adjusted my black level since taking the pics and detail has improved some.

What size is your plasma?

Just for comparison, I have no idea what the plasma cost but I'll bet it was more than the $700 I have invested in my PJ, line doubler, and screen.

Jawhn

JawhnM

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Jawhn MacCaine
Rich

I just re-read your first post, 42" Panasonic (Duh!). Reading always helps before asking questions.

Jawhn

Rich H

Second Unit
JawhnM,

You're right about the price! I certainly paid to be an early-adoptor over a year ago. It was about $5,8000 (in Canada we pay more). Now you can find this model for as "low" as $3,300.

A few of my friends have projectors and they are such an awesome price to picture quality performance ratio. Certainly, though, plasma and projection have a different look and I appreciate both.

I'm looking forward to people posting more screen shots. This is very cool.

EdR

Second Unit
Rich and Jawhn, you're impressive shots spurred me into doing more of my own. For a more direct comparison, I duplicated Rich's shot of Sully against the glass. Same set-up as before, my friend's Nikon 5700, NEC LT260 Projector, RP82 DVD player:

http://www.phosfor.com/ht/sully_glass.jpg

This one is 900 pixels wide, high quality JPG compression.

JawhnM

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Jawhn MacCaine
I am really enjoying this! Keep um coming guys!

Although I know there are MANY variables that make screen shot comparison difficult at best, it's still nice to see the results of others setups. I've especially liked comparing similar shots from the same movie on different displays. I agree with Rich that each technology has it's +'s and -'s and there own characteristics that bring a different (but each enjoyable) experience.

I personally believe that the goal of any HT enthusiast should be "get all you can from what you've got, and ENJOY IT until you can get something better".

Jawhn

Rich H

Second Unit
While we're fillin' time...

Jawhn,

It's too bad I haven't got around to doing Gladiator screen shots, as they seem to be the defacto choice for most people. Yours is beautiful.

That shot of the eye is great. Which film is that from?
I don't have as close a shot: these are about as extreme as the close-ups get in my screen shot gallery:

Sinbad Villain Eyes

Spiderman - Willem Dafoe Psycho Cl-Up

Spiderman - Willem Dafoe freakin' out

And a couple extreme Close-ups from North By NorthWest (Cary Grant writing on matchbook):

Match Book Cl-up 1

Match Book Cl-up 2 BIG

JawhnM

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Jawhn MacCaine
Rich,

That particular eye shot is from Vertical Limit. There are lots of great shots in that movie (really good transfer).

I have seen other close up eye shots from Armagedon, The 5th Element, and Strange Days. The one in Armagedon is a very cool shot if viewed frame by frame. The camera zooms in on Liv Tyler's eye and keeps going right through her pupil to a scene of outer space. I was joking with my wife that it really shows what's inside a woman's head.

On the shot of the villain from Sinbad, boy could that guy use some Visine!

Jawhn

Tim Glover

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim Glover
Finally got around to taking some pics of my screen and my theater. The regulars on the Star Wars Movie Thread helped me name the theater which is called:

Club Timobi Wan

Still need to run speaker wire and cables through the attic. Haven't had time or the courage to go up there. Heh! Enjoy, and let me know what you think. :)

http://photobucket.com/albums/v485/Timobi/

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks