What's new

Possible to put pics back onto CF card? (1 Viewer)

Steve Young

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Steve Young
I have a Kodak DC3400 digicam, and I would like to know if it is possible to put pictures that are on my hard drive back onto my Compact Flash card. I've heard it is possible, but I have to have a separate CF card reader, like the one Sandisk makes?

Thanks for any help.

Steve

Thom B

Stunt Coordinator
A seperate card reader would enable you to do this. Another option might be plugging the camera directly into your 'puter. If the camera shows up as a drive, you should be able to just drag-n-drop the pics back into the camera.

T

Steve Young

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Steve Young
Thom, it does show up as a separate drive, but it does not allow you to drag pictures back onto it. As long as I know I can do it with a reader, I will buy one.

Thanks

Steve

Robin Smith

Stunt Coordinator
We have three different Epson Cameras at work and all of them allow you to drag and drop back and forth.

Additionally, I can take the CF out and put it in my SanDisk reader and do the same.

In both instances, the card shows up as a drive letter in Windows Explorer (different letter for each connection). I know you are asking about a Kodak, and I don't know it to be any different, but it would surprise me that it would not let you write to the card through the connector cable (it is USB right?) since the CF has to be writable (since the camera itself writes to the CF card when you take a pic).

I woud be pretty confident (but don't know 100%) that you could write to the CF card through a SanDisk reader since there is no way to put permissions on the card from the camera. It is strange that you can't write to it through the camera connection however. Can you try removing all the pics and then formatting the card through the camera. Then try again.

Do you know anyone who has a reader, or is there somewhere you can buy one that has a good return policy if it odesn;t work.

Good luck!

Robin Smith

SOrry I am not helping more directly, just thought I'd chip in with my experience on other CF-based cameras.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks