What's new

Possible audio problem in DONNIE BRASCO SE? (1 Viewer)

Roy Batty

Second Unit
Real Name
Jose M Mendez
I finally got to watch tonight the DONNIE BRASCO Special Edition DVD that has been around for some time, but that I only acquired a couple of months ago along with CARLITO'S WAY SE.

But, sadly, I had to stop the disc. From the very beginning, there seems to be a great inconsistency to audio volume throughout the whole film or, at least, up to the point where I decided to quit. To my ears, it's not just a matter of some dialogue lines being hard to hear due to sound recorded on the spot with no later dubbing, but rather a real audio glitch.

But, since I have read no mention of this on any of the several online reviews I have checked, I am somewhat lost here.

I seem to vaguely recall that the DVD went out of print for some time, and was re-released a few months ago. If that's the case, could it be that the reissue is faulty? I guess it could be my copy too, but I somehow doubt this kind of problem would appear on a defective disc only instead of the whole run or maybe some batch.

Anyone here has suffered the same problem or has heard of it?

I would really appreciate any help, since I am in Spain and, though I bought it from Amazon and they are very accommodating when it comes to send replacement for a bad disc, I wouldn't want to make them go through the hassle of it only to end up with another faulty copy.

Thanks.

Frank@N

Screenwriter
I feel your pain.

I just had a similar problem with 'Driven' recently.

Inconsistent audio left me wondering what the heck was going on.

Ended up keeping my copy because I got it used for only $7.50.

As far as Donnie goes, I don't recall having any obvious problems when screening it last year.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks