What's new

Popcorn supplies.. (1 Viewer)

AVspec

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Mark
Were can I purchase the oil/flavoring/butter/popcorn for a 2oz kettle popper I purchases?

Does not look like there are any local theater supply places in the Pottstown PA area.

Gary Thomas

Second Unit
I've been using store bought canola oil w/ bulk purchased popcorn & flavoring salt in my 4 oz popper. I tried the ready portioned packets, but felt they were messy, salty & greasy. It took me a few tried to get the ratios where I like them, but I'm very happy with the results. I use a baster to squirt the oil in the kettle and measuring scoops for the popcorn & salt. Also, it's important to get movie theater popcorn bags...it makes the popcorn taste better!

Cagri

Second Unit
Also, it's important to get movie theater popcorn bags...it makes the popcorn taste better!
Well, I don't think that popcorn bags have any detectable affect on the taste of the popcorn. I have done several DBTs with using different bags with same popcorn in them, and the tasters correct answers have never reached a percentage to confirm that the correct score didn't occur by chance.

AVspec

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Mark
What size bags should I get??

#4 (1.1oz) #2, #3, perhaps the 2oz 12"???

I have no idea how much popcorn these things hold???

AVspec

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Mark
Also what about a small, inexpensive butter topping warmer/dispenser? Does not need to be big... whats the best way to go here?????

Gregg Loewen

Founder, Professional Video Alliance
Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gregg Loewen
hi Mark

Id just use a microwave to melt the better. I have a commerical butter dispenser but it is a real PITA because if you dont quickly use the butter you will have mold build up.

Regards

Gregg

PS: I have a sencore VP-300 HD signal generator and a Progressive Labs analyzer for sale for CHEAP. I sent you an email but it bounced. Send me an email if interested.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks