What's new

Poll: What jewelry have you bought your girlfriend/wife? (1 Viewer)

RobR

Second Unit
The other thread on anklet and toe-ring inspired me to start this thread. What jewelry have you given to your girlfriend/wife?

Or if you're a female, what jewelry have you received from your boyfriend/husband?

I'll post mine later.

SteveGon

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Gonzales
...well, one time I got this...really nice gold ring for my girlfriend, heh, but I uh, wasn't thinking straight or something because...um, the ring was still, heh, attached to the finger of its former owner...and...oh yeah, there was some blood on it which she didn't really care for...and...uh, she broke up with me and said something about calling the cops so I...well, you know...

PaulG

Stunt Coordinator
Other than engagement/wedding rings, I have given my wife bracelets and necklaces. She doesn't wear earings, so I don't get sets.

Edit: I forgot, My anniversary and daughters birthday are on the same day, so a couple of years ago I bought them matching mother/daughter rings with my daughters birthstone in them both. It was a big hit.

Tommy T.

Grip
I won't talk about the GF, just the wife... Ha, Ha!

Last several years...

* New setting for her engagement ring w/Diamonds on the side

* Beautiful Pearl Necklace

* New Wedding band w/.5K of Diamonds

* Diamond Pennant Necklace

Tom

Janna S

Second Unit
Men give women jewelry (thread title).
Women receive jewelry from men (opening post).
I guess women don't get jewelry from female significant others.
And I guess men don't get jewelry from their wives, girlfriends, or male significant others.
Gee, that's odd . . . I see men with rings, earrings, neck chains, bracelets, watches, all the time. I guess they have to buy their jewelry themselves.
Oh - I get it. This is a thread for GUYS who give jewelry and women who get jewelry from GUYS. Excuse me . . .
;)

SteveGon

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Gonzales
Um, would handcuffs count as jewelry? :D
Seriously, I've never been with someone long enough to buy them jewelry with any significance. I guess they don't like my sense of humor...

Kevin T

Screenwriter
i bought my girlfriend a gucci watch. actually the same watch i bought her two years ago that she lost. if this one gets lost then it's tough shite for her. she also has found a way to lose the first ring i bought her (synthetic emerald / diamond). currently, i have no plans of ever buying her a diamond as she has shown herself to be totally incapable of wearing / keeping safe the jewelry i buy her.

ALTERNATE:

here's a better question...what has your girlfriend / wife recently bought for you?

answer: a few polo style shirts for christmas

kevin t

John Nielsen

Stunt Coordinator
Wow Kevin, I was about to post the same thing. One of the better items I've goten my girlfriend a Gucci watch. The problem is she bangs it around on everthing when she wers it, so it doesn't see the light of day much. She's not much of a jewelry girl though.

Tim Hoover

Screenwriter
Well, this one girl I was really hung up on received a diamond pendant for her birthday with some matching earrings later at Christmas. Then the next Christmas she got a really sweet tennis bracelet. A few months later, we broke up.
My last girlfriend didn't get squat. A few months later, we broke up.
I may still be single, but at least I saved some cash this time around :)

SteveA

Supporting Actor
I just ordered an engagement ring for my girlfriend THIS MORNING! I'm closing on a new house on the 30th and am planning to give it to her that night. Wish me luck - although hopefully I won't need it!

RobR

Second Unit
Congratulations, Steve!
Jewelry I've bought my wife (all in yellow gold):
an engagement ring (a 1.34 ct pear-shape in bypass mounting with approx. 0.50 ct round side stones in channel settings)
a snake chain w. a diamond pendant
a pearl ring
an anklet :) (I'm surprised more men didn't get that)
a pair of London blue topaz earrings (she has since lost one of them, so I'm thinking about converting the lone earring into a ring)
a floating pearl necklace
a bracelet
a two-tone watch (if that counts)
Damn, Gucci watches are very expensive. I knew a woman who wanted a $700 Gucci watch. Too bad she doesn't have a boyfriend (not that I'd spend $700 on a single item for a girlfriend anyway).

Sam C

Stunt Coordinator
Engagement/Wedding Ring 1.5 C. princess cut w/ platinum band

This past Xmas 2ctw princess cut diamond/ platinum earrings

2 tone stainless/18K Tag Watch ...

While the watch was 2200 list ... I find a watch a far better purchase than a ring or earrings ...

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks