What's new

Poll on "24: Season 2" thread creation (1 Viewer)

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Okay, let's take a vote on "24: Season 2" threads:

Whichever options gets the most votes (please only vote once) will be the way threads get created for the show this season.

Dana Fillhart

Supporting Actor
Last year's was in separate threads; all other shows are separate threads; one big season-long thread becomes unweildy AND unfair to those not on the current episode, even if the current episode is in a thread all by itself (with the previous episodes in 1 big thread); people may wish to discuss plot points of earlier episodes, which interferes with the current episode discussions.
I vote in favor of separate threads.
I vote against the idea of creating a separate subforum for television shows (though that's not part of THIS poll :)).

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Please just vote, most people know why they prefer one format over the other. This poll will run until next Tuesday.

GlennH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Glenn
Thanks for the poll.

One concern I have is that choices #2 and #3 are really subsets of one main preference to have separate threads, and thus may "split" the vote. I'd suggest that if #1 ends up with the most votes but is not as high as #2 and #3 combined then you should discard #1.

Qui-Gon John

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Co
Yes, if the total of 2 & 3 is greater than the number of votes for 1, you should do a run-off poll to see which version of 'separate episodes' will be used.

Dominik Droscher

Supporting Actor
Jason, I liked how it was last season, a thread for every episode. Problem is that not everyone is able to watch 24 at the same time, the first season hasn't even started in Germany and England is a few months behind. I have other sources to get the epsiodes even before they air on Fox so I don't mind so much but last season I caught up pretty late. It was nice to read all your comments in a sole thread whithout the fear of getting spoiled. Having one big one would be bad for all non-USA users as they will not be able to participate and it would be difficult to find episode specific discussions with 1000+ posts (the eternal Buffy thread is an good example).

Scott Weinberg

Senior HTF Member
Though I usually like having one long thread, a show like 24 seems to scream out for episode-specific discussions. So I voted for the third option.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
I would have thought the 2nd option would be what people would want if they wanted episode-by-episode only.

The 3rd option is just following the Sopranos Season 4 thread model.

Scooter

Screenwriter
Real Name
Scooter
Last year I would give a tease about each episode before it aired...got the sat feed early. That works with a seperate thread for each episode. Dunno how it would work in a merged thread.

I vote for seperate threads.

Colin-H

Second Unit
I can't watch 'till the FX "encores" on Monday, so I'd prefer not to be spoiled. (Of course I could read the thread only on Monday night/Tuesday daytime.) I think option 3 would work, but only if single threads were kept open for a few weeks afterwards.

John Berggren

Senior HTF Member
I'd be happy to read and participate in any of the three, but I'd prefer a new thread for each episode that gets merged into an archive. I think for the sake of avoiding spoilers, it gives those who don't watch the episode during broadcast (how could you not?) a chance to catch up - one week.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
With the way the voting is going, we'll probably just leave it as one thread per episode, and no merging of the threads.

Qui-Gon John

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Co
How about merge them after the third week they've been a separate thread. So at any given time you could see this weeks thread, last weeks, the prior week, or all weks prior to that.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
balajipackersmovers
Recent bookmarks