What's new

Poll - Dumb reasons for breaking up (1 Viewer)

Ron Eastman

Second Unit
I dated a girl for 3 months and broke up with her because she wouldn't stop wearing high-top shoes. I even offered to buy her a pair of canvas Keds but she didn't want to give up the basketball shoes.

Kevin Leonard

Supporting Actor
I broke up with a girl in High School because she didn't like The Beatles! Can you believe that shit? How the hell could ANYONE not like The Beatles?!
Smart move, Rob. Hatred of the Beatles is usually an early sign that an individual has some serious psychological and mental problems.;)

Jeffrey Noel

Screenwriter
Well, my sophomore year in High School, I broke up with an extremely attractive girl because of her laugh. Damn, just thinking about it makes me want to find her and smack her! :D

John Kilduff

Screenwriter
The wandering eye and the question "Did you ever do cocaine" were the things that have ruined relationships for me...The cocaine question was a one-person thing, but she wanted to tear me a new asshole because of it. She was angry and furious at my question. Now I live in fear that if I see her again, she'll either glare at me with hatred or give me a punch to the face and a boot to my sack.

Sincerely,

John "What's the useless flap of skin around a...um, disregard that joke!" Kilduff

Martin Fontaine

Supporting Actor
I don't think I'll ever dump a girl for a stupid reason, but I've had bad experiences of my own.

That girl, who we were just friends for over 3 years, refused to go out with me, including nasty things like "I'd rather die than go out with you." and throwing a fit whenever someone saw us in public and asked her if I was her boyfriend.

Of all the stupid reasons she came up with to reject me, the most ridiculus ones were:

"I want a boyfriend who knows nothing about computers!" (She met most if not all her boyfriends online - we even met online! - I didn't know mIRC was the best place to look for guys who know nothing about computers!)

"You're too fat!" (She weighs more than me) Last time I saw her (1 Year and a half) she weighted 280 lbs (I'm about 255-260) And of course she wonders why all her boyfriends dumped her within weeks, if you can't accept someone who weighs 255 lbs, how can you expect someone who weighs 120 to accept you at 280?

And people wonder why I still even think about her...

John_Lee

Supporting Actor
Paid a minor price for my citizenship, GF of 3 years wigged out and dumped me when I let it slip that I voted for Bob Dole in '96.

Beat That!!

Ron-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ron
How the hell could ANYONE not like The Beatles?!
Very easily. I cannot stand the little stink bugs.
I once broke up with a girl by telling her I wanted to date
another girl. Good thing I broke up with her, I married the other one.
Peace Out~:D

Kurt B

Stunt Coordinator
How the hell could ANYONE not like The Beatles?!
I'm not a big fan of theirs either. Somehow to me, the music all sounds the same, with the exception of a couple of their songs.
Worst dumping I took was in High School, this girl was my first serious g/f and one day she told me she wanted to be with this other guy cause she liked his curly "Art Garfunkle" type hair :eek:

John Spencer

Supporting Actor
I once broke up with a girl because of sympathy. I really felt bad for her when she walked in on me and her cousin at a party.

Rob Tomlin

Senior HTF Member
Smart move, Rob. Hatred of the Beatles is usually an early sign that an individual has some serious psychological and mental problems.
Well, that was exactly what my way of thinking was at the time Kevin!
Looking back on it, I know I made the right choice!:D

JasenP

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jasen
I broke it off with a girl after three dates because she told me her absolute favorite film was Grease.
Call me shallow, but as important as films are in my life I knew that this was NOT the person to be with for another night let alone the rest of my life.
I think a person's top 5 film list is an important guage of their personality.
I once asked a girl what her favorite films were and she replied "You've probably never heard of any of them." I asked for another date that second, I was so excited.
On another note, I went on a blind date with a girl and I went to her dorm room to pick her up. She had what seemed like several thousand stuffed animals on her bed and strewn about the room. Yep, first and last date.
;) ;)

TheoGB

Screenwriter
Didn't you know, Jasen? Those sorts of girls are always the best in bed...Allegedly.;) :D

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks