What's new

Polk RTi series - pros & cons of latest ? (1 Viewer)

DaveBlairW

Auditioning
I just added a Marantz SR8400 surround receiver to my equipment list, so a much improved set of speakers is up next.

I am intrigued by the latest Polk RTi series of speakers. The setup I have in mind would include:

Floor-standing full range fronts - either RTi10 or RTi12
Center speaker = CSi5
Surround speakers = FXi5

My home theater resides in a 15' by 22' dedicated room with a cathedral ceiling.

I could use all the good insight and advice which you can share on the latest RTi series. I'm also open to suggestions on competing products in this price range which would offer comparable sound quality.

Thomas_A

Second Unit
Personally...I own the older Polk RT_i series speakers. I'm not a fan of thier newer-newest models. I'd either say go LSi from polk...or look at Paradigm,Difninitive and such. Just my personal preference.

ChuckEanes

Auditioning
I currently have the Polk RTi 12's for fronts Csi5 for center and rti 8's for rear. I am using an ATI 2505 for power. I think they are great. My buddy got me a deal on all the speakers brand new for $1000 shipped so that was the main reason I went with them. I dont see where for the money I coulda got better speakers. After adding the ATI the 12's really woke up, they need a lot of power to sound really good.

Chuck

JonStern

Agent
Just got the RTi8s as my HT fronts and they go down to 40Hz flat. A Velodyne sub takes it down to 25Hz. Have the RTi6s and RTi4s for surrounds and backs and the CSi5 for center, all powered by a Denon 3803. The RTi line is absolutely great for movies: fantastic presence, impact, and clarity.

I also have a music system consisting of LSi15/LSi9/LSiC, Denon 3805 for pre/pro, and the Outlaw 755 amp. This system used to be my HT one but there was something wrong. The LSi line, especially the LSiC, is too reticent for movies. Dialog was hard to understand coming from the LSiC, which I would have to boost 3-4 db. The RTi center channel (CSi5), on the other hand, makes it seem like you're in a movie theater.

The LSi series is great for music, but get the RTis for HT.

Gary.Z

Auditioning
I to also have Polk RTi12's for the front and CSi5 for my center and RTi4's in the rear.They are each powered by an Outlaw M 200 monoblock amp.....very happy.Take people's opinion with a grain a salt.....you have to listen for yourself......what sounds good to me might not sound good to you.

Shiu

Second Unit
Your receiver should do fine with one pair of RTi10 on its own but it is going to struggle to drive all 7 speakers. You may be better off going with RTi8, or get an external amp.

Adil M

Supporting Actor
Good choice and be careful w/ your receiver selection. Good amplification is a must, especially w/ the LSi line.
You will need a sub for that room.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks