What's new

Polk Audio Speaker question... (1 Viewer)

MikeDP

Auditioning
Real Name
Mike Phillips
Hey all, first time poster here, found this site on google. Here is my situation. I own a YamahaRX-V650 7.1 Reciever. I want to have the best quality sound I can with these speakers.

I dont have all the model numbers but this was all picked up as a set. I have Polk Audio Floor Towers, Center speaker, 2 R15 bookshelves and the subwoofer.

Basically what I want to know is can I purchase 4 more of the R15 bookshelves and use a set as Surround back, a set as the Surround Speakers, and a set as the presence speakers? If so is this a good idea? If not what do you guys suggest?

Bob McElfresh

Senior HTF Member
Hi Mike.

Sure you can do this. In fact, it is encouraged that you make all your speakers be from the same make/model to get tone-matching.

But you can lay down some big $$$ for side/presence speakers that only produce sound a bit of the time. This is the draw back.

Before you go to the expense, make sure you have done all the placement tweeks like using a laser pointer to adjust the angle, an SPL meter to level adjust things, play with the sub position to get good/smooth bass response, etc. These should all be done first before sinking more money into more speakers.

Hope this helps.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks