What's new

PN51D8000 Screen saver option? (1 Viewer)

raehza

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Ray
Hey, just got this TV and I am impressed with it so far. I did notice small burn in's already while I went through the Spears and Munsil calibration disc for the first time. I left a few pages up for like 5-10 mins at a time to read up on what they actually do on the internet. When switching pages I noticed a very minor burn in, that has already disappeared by now. My question is, does this TV have a screen saver mode that you can simply activate? For example, what if I listen to music on youtube, the screen will mostly not change at all. Can't I turn the screen dark, or off while youtube is running? Ray

Gregg Loewen

Founder, Professional Video Alliance
Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gregg Loewen
image retention is not burn in. Image retention is about the only weakness of plasma technology.

Gregg Loewen

Founder, Professional Video Alliance
Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gregg Loewen
forgot to add: Burn in can and does also happen on plasmas (part of the same weakness).

raehza

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Ray
I know about the Burn In, didn't know what Image Retention is. I guess it's a form of "weak" burn in that is temporary? Having this constant fear of burning something onto your screen could be annoying... hmmm. I guess I will see how it'll pan out in the next few weeks. thanks for the help. I did find option in the TV menu that may aid with IR, like pixel moving etc. Ray

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks