What's new

Please Help (1 Viewer)

Marat_S

Auditioning
Hello everyone,
I have been visiting this forum for a while always getting good information from other threads about different products and getting ideas for my own home theater. Just sort of never posted many messeges. Here is my dilemma.
My current system is Onkyo 797 reciever powering Polk Audio Satelite speakers RM7500. There is this constant popping noise coming from the sub, left/right speakers, or surround speakers. Depending on the DSP mode, the popping sound may come from different speakers. This happens when i watch TV, DVDs, or anything else for that matter. It does not matter which source im watching, the popping noise is always there. It gets louder if i increase the volume. It dissapeares while the reciever is in the process of switching from different modes automatically when watching DVDs for example. But once it gets into a mode, be it DD, DTS, or anything else the popping resumes. Its a constant popping sound and it has somewhat of a rhythm to it. It isnt random. Im really desperate to fix this problem, if anyone has any input, i will greatly appreciate it. Thanks for listening.
;)

Please support HTF by using one of these affiliate links when considering a purchase.

Blair Gifford

Stunt Coordinator
uh oh...
I got your email and im responding to it right now. The problem you are having has happened to many owners the the 797. I really hope you get better service that i got with this problem.
I'll finish my email and then fire it off to you.

Marat_S

Auditioning
thanks so much for replying...i was really hoping that it wasnt going to be the problem in the reciever. i guess all the hoping i did wasnt good enough. it just started happening, and like you said in your post back in april i believe, that it would go away after a while. well, samething happend with me, but now its on constantly. its a real pain. hopefully it hasnt done a number on my speakers. thanks for taking the time to help me out.

-Marat

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bmoore9
Recent bookmarks