What's new

Please Help with Avia!!! (1 Viewer)

Jorge UF

Stunt Coordinator
I recently purchased the Avia disc and have been having problems setting up the surrounds. When I try to test my surrounds, when sound is supposed to only be coming out of my left surround it comes out of both, my left and right surround. Same goes with the right surround, it plays the tone out of both surrounds. On the other hand when I play the test tones on my reciever, the appropiate sound comes out of the appropiate surround speaker. Why the discrepancy? Along with that problem when the lfe test tone is supposed to be playing I get no sound out of the subwoofer or any other speaker for that matter.
I am powering my speakers with a yamaha htr 5280 A/v reciever and have all my speakers set too small with all my bass being handled by the subwoofer. Another problem I encountered with the dics is that when it is doing the frewuency sweep for my subwoofer I get no sound at all.
Is there any dsp that I have to have my reciever set to when I perform these test?

Please help..

Jeff Kohn

Supporting Actor
It sounds like your receiver could be getting a prologic signal from the DVD player, do you have things set up to use a digital connection (coax or toslink)? I would think the receiver should auto-detect if it receives a DD5.1 signal, but you might want to try forcing it into that mode and see if it makes a difference.

Jorge UF

Stunt Coordinator
i have it connecvted through a digital coaxial connection.
Should that make a difference? I hope not cuz I dropped a good chunk of change on the cable. I hope I don't need an optical one. What exactly do you mean by forcing it into that mode? I don't know how I could force my reciever to get that mode?

JohnMW

Second Unit
Real Name
John
* I was obviously not comprehending the problem, lol. :frowning:

Jorge UF

Stunt Coordinator
"Make sure you are setting the receiver to the "coax" input for the DVD player"

Is that a pun?
Well my dvd player is only connected through the coaxial cable. I take it no sound would come out if I had set it up to a different input. Either way I solved my problem. I had my dvd player set to PCM and I take it you need to have it set to bitstream. Although I don't know why I thought with 5.1 you set it to PCM. Well thanks for your help anyways.

Geoff L

Screenwriter
Real Name
Geoff
Yup sounds like the problem, dvd-player should be set to bit streeeeeeeeeeeeem.

All good now?

Regards
Geoff

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks