What's new

Please Help Save In A Fix! (1 Viewer)

Heather Plessner

Auditioning
Unlike Trading Spaces and many of the other shows available, TLC’s In A Fix isn’t a plain old decorating show, and it isn’t just ANY home reno show, either. Every single crew member is extremely knowledgeable, with many exceptional skills, not to mention exceedingly good looks, and an unbelievable chemistry with each other going on, as well as wonderful senses of humor. They are the ONLY show of their genre that teaches the homeowner they are helping AND the viewers how to do it right, while still having fun at the same time. All of which make the show stand WAY out from the glut of HI shows that we are constantly bombarded with day in and day out. Because of all those factors, it is the only home improvement show that I will watch. None of the other shows actually explain exactly how they are doing everything, and why it shouldn’t be done a certain way. The crew members talk directly to the camera as if the viewers are really there, and aren’t afraid to admit when they have made a mistake. They explain how to fix the problem, as well as how to avoid the same catastrophe in the future, in case the viewer wants to try out their newfound knowledge at home. They also make the viewers feel like family.
How do I know that the show needs to be saved? Well, crew member Don Wood voiced his suspicions that the show would be cancelled in an interview done on one of the IAF fan sites not too long ago. Then Danny Paul alerted the fans on the TLC In A Fix message board that TLC isn’t going to renew their contract, and that their current one will run out in the next couple of months. After that, there won’t be anymore new shows, but TLC plans on airing re-runs of the show for the next two years. We had a lot of people on the boards that were skeptical about the true identity of the poster claiming to be Danny, and contacted him directly through his own personal website. He did in fact reply back confirming the information. Not too long after Danny let us know, Don also posted the same info on his own website. Then, one of the TLC MB fans received a phone call from crew member James Lunday, who was calling while filming an episode to thank them for the fan mail he was sent, and later called them back off camera only to let them know all of it is true. Since TLC is going to keep playing re-runs, they can (and have been) deny(ing) the fact that the show is cancelled. Technically, they have just ceased production of the show.
Discovery/TLC has put out press releases saying that they plan on getting back to their roots and truly become ‘The Learning Channel’ by steering clear of all the home improvement shows. Yet they have just signed contracts with Genevieve Gorder to star in her own show called ‘Town Haul’, and Doug Wilson for his own show titled ‘Moving Up’. Neither one really teaches us anything useful—Genevieve is basically just redecorating a whole town, and Doug is interviewing people who sold their home, showing the new owners remodeling it, and then asking the old owners what they think of the renovations that have been done. Doug’s show may actually teach us something, but in my opinion, it’s not a good lesson. Watching his show will just make us all paranoid of change, and not want to sell the home we grew up in and/or have very fond memories of, by showing us that if we sell it, the new owners may destroy what we once held dear. In A Fix is an innovative show that truly is ‘Life Unscripted’, and appears to be the only one TLC had that really taught the viewers that they COULD do it themselves. If you take a jog on over to the TLC IAF MB, you might have to do some searching, but you will find the testimonials of many fans telling how In A Fix has touched their lives; many of them being women who are no longer scared to use powertools thanks to the show’s Jennie Lyn Berntson, and numerous others whom have found out that a lot of home repairs really aren’t that hard to do as long as you have the know-how, correct tools, and proper technique. In A Fix is made up of an astounding cast that no one will ever be able to duplicate again, and it will be a darn shame to see a ‘family’ such as this disband and go back to their home states and countries all because TLC is creating new shows that are just cheap clones of Trading Spaces (while using the Trading Spaces cast in them) in an attempt to revive the following TS once had. TLC is also talking about incorporating health, travel, and science shows into their new line-up, when there are already channels (some of them owned by Discovery/TLC) that more than adequately cover all of these subjects. Sounds like overkill-- all over again, to me…

If you have never seen the show before, I urge you to take a peek and see how great it is. You won’t regret it. You might even be able to help get their contract renewed either by TLC, or another interested network.

One fan started a petition to save In A Fix. If you are interested in signing, it is called 'Save In A Fix From Falling in the Cracks' on thepetitionsite with a .com at the end. I can't post the actual url here since I am a new member. There are also many unofficial fansites for the various crew members out there.

Thank you very much for letting me post on your boards. It is greatly appreciated by the crew and the fans!

Long Live In A Fix!

Heather P.
(I don't know if my whole name will show up here, but if it does, I must have forgotten to add the r onto the end of my last name)

P.S. TLC--If you read any of the viewer's input here, then I must warn you that you will be losing most of the IAF fans as viewers once the last of the new shows air, including me. Don't you think enough of your viewers have changed the channel with the exit of Paige Davis?

Andrew Pezzo

Second Unit
I love IAF, its thinks its the best thing on TLC. No new episodes would be a shame as they keep re-running the same ones over and over again. Its not a good idea to broadcast a show dialy when they dont have that many episodes.

NatalieJean

Auditioning
I have to agree! There are not many good shows out there. This one does NOT have violence, swearing and is good for the whole family to watch.

We have saved what could have potentially been $300,000 on home improvements by watching this great show and doing it ourselves. Something as simple as removing tile and laying down more updated ones, is exteremly costly if done by a pro. We did it our selves and saved about $5,000 (Canadian).

If no one out there has watched this great show, tune in Monday - Friday on TLC. Wednesdays they air two episodes, a re-run and a new one.

IN A FIX is a brilliant show concept, I'm surprised no one had thought of it sooner!

Natalie
(From CANADA)

Heather Plessner

Auditioning
Now I know there has GOT to be more than just 2 people on these boards that watch In A Fix! Where are the rest of you?!?!

Heather P.

CaptDS9E

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joey
I got into watching it recently as my parents have been for a while. One of my fav shows

Alf S

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alfer
Don't get me wrong, I enjoy these shows now and again, but honestly...it's just a TV show people!

Life will move on and you'll be just fine without the show.

Time to move on to more important things in life me thinks....maybe you can get out of the house and focus this energy by volunteering for Habitat for Humanity or something that helps others who are less fortunate and don't have the luxury of watching cable etc...heck they might not even have a decent roof over their heads...Maybe you can start your own local "In a Fix" campaign to help the less fortunate.

Just a thought...
;)

NatalieJean

Auditioning
You make it sound like all we have time for staying in our homes and watching tv. Not true! There is only a small thresh-hold of time that my family and I do sit together and cuddle on the couch watching a good show. IAF is one of those shows. The kind of programming that are currently running is garbage. There is not one show on tv that is worthy of our valuable time. It's pretty late when the show airs here in western Canada so taking our free time out of doors is not viable.

As for Habitate...again, no time!

It IS just a show but, it's abvious a show you haven't watched. If one can learn something like making our homes a safe, and loving environment and saving a ton of cash doing so, then I'm all for it. My 6yr old has a basic understanding of laying tiles and rebuilding a wall. How kewl is th@?

Me thinks, if you have enough to post in this thread...you have time to volunteer for HFH yourself!

Just a thought...
;)

(Yeah. you can say the same for me but, why squable? More of something I don't have time for! BTW, to answer your question "if I have the time to post"...I type over 65 words a minute so, what would take you about 10 minutes to type, I would have been done 6 minutes before you typed your last word! :b )

CaptDS9E

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joey
Or Alf instead of interuppting this thread, you could go outside as well :D

capt

JonZ

Senior HTF Member
I wont be able to look at Jennie anymore:frowning: :eek:

This cannot happen!

My G/F thought it would be a good idea for me to watch this show since I was buying a house that needed to be fixed up.:)

The cast in this show is a good one, Id hate to see it go.

NancyWH

Auditioning
My husband and I have gotten so many ideas from In a Fix. This program makes a huge difference in the lives of these people. TLC will be making a huge mistake in not continuing to film new episodes. This is among the best of the home improvement shows.

Parker Clack

Schizophrenic Man
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Parker
My wife and daughter along with myself love In A Fix. I've watched it from the beginning and each episode is a lot of fun to watch with great ideas on home remods.

Parker

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
royalserena
Recent bookmarks