What's new
Signup for GameFly to rent the newest 4k UHD movies!

Please help name this movie/show (1 Viewer)

Keith I

FoS
Real Name
Keith
It's been bugging me and usually when something like this happens, I can remember later or my wife will remember but we both can't.

There was a scene where the bad buy was explaining how he was financing his operation (not the medical kind). He said that he could get all his money unnoticed by taking the fractional parts of interest from everyone's accounts. Since interest dealt with fractional amounts, people's statements would not record these very little amounts.

I put this request here because I don't know if it's a movie or a TV show that I saw it on. I looked at my own DVD inventory and nothing jumps out at me and I just cleaned up my storage so the most recent titles I watched are no longer out. I also can't remember if I recorded the show from TV. I'm still using VHS to record TV shows and I've recorded over them several times already (don't have too many cassettes). And I don't want to spend any more time agonizing over this unimportant issue so I'm looking to HTF's great memory to help me.

My memory is really shot on this one and I can visualize the scene in my mind and I'm trying to identify the actor but I get those images and then it just stops and I can't remember anything before or after this scene. :crazy: :confused:

Thanks for any help!

Keith I

FoS
Real Name
Keith
I don't know if it's the plot (I've only seen the movie once) but it's not the movie we saw recently. Thanks for trying to help.

I can't say for sure but it might be a recent release (on DVD maybe?). I tried looking at the titles in my DVD collection but can't remember. I also just cleaned up the inventory (titles lying around, stacked up, etc.) so I can't physically look to jog my memory.

Dave Simpson

Second Unit
Office Space featured a similar con game, but I doubt that's the title you're thinking of. Cheers.

DS.

Keith I

FoS
Real Name
Keith
No, it's not Office Space or Hackers.

It still hasn't come to me or my wife. Wow, this is the point in my life where my memory really has hit a blank spot. Or, watching too much TV/DVD/etc.

:rolleyes:

We just saw it earlier this week or last. I checked my Netflix rental history and nothing popped out. We did see Domino but I don't remember any hacking into computer systems in the story. We also just saw Firewall but it wasn't that. When a Stranger Calls (2006), Memoirs of a Geisha, Shopgirl, and The New World (the titles rented in the last month) certainly don't qualify either.

Did 24 have a scene like this towards the end of its run this season? I recorded some episodes since I couldn't sit to watch it but they have since been erased. Were there any television thrillers airing recently?

Keep the suggestions coming. Thanks!

Hunter P

Screenwriter
I think you're think of The New Wold personally.;)

Anyway, this is called the salami technique. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Salami_technique
Wikipedia only cites three movies where this was a major plot line: Superguy III, Office Space and Hackers (all previously mentioned.)

Well, you ruled out Office Space and Hackers. Is this actor you visualize a black man with a moustache (i.e. Richard Pryor)?

Keith I

FoS
Real Name
Keith
I am sure it's not Superman III as I haven't seen it in ages. Same goes for Office Space and Hackers (seen them one time each).

Of course, it could be a TV show or TV movie in which it might be harder to identify.

AHHHHHH! :cool:

Wikipedia mentions Ghost in the Shell: SAC 2nd Gig and I just got the most recent volume on DVD! I'm going to go check now... BRB ... Well, well, well...

Ghost in the Shell: SAC 2nd Gig: Volume 05, Episode 20, "Fabricate Fog." Kuze explains this to an underling.

Thank you for providing the Wikipedia link! Case closed ... in one day. Now I can go stress over something else. ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
trackername123
Recent bookmarks