What's new

Please help me pick a TV (1 Viewer)

Shaun_David

Auditioning
Hi guys,
This is my first post on this forum, and I know nothing much at all about TVs or home theater stuff. I'm thinking of getting a new TV and maybe a surround sound system. For the TV here are the models I was thinking of:

Hitachi 65SWX20B
RCA HD65W140
Sony KP65WV700
Toshiba 65HDX82

And for the surround sound packages these are the models:

Sony DAVC990
Polk Audio DS7200
Panasonic SC-DT300

Could you guys tell me whats the best from those and maybe some pros and cons for each system. Also if there is maybe some other brands or products I should be looking at as well.
Thanks for all your help everyone.

Shaun

Shaun_David

Auditioning
Hey again, I just forgot to also say.........if anyone sees a good review for any of these products please post the URL so I can check it out. Thanks again, hope to hear some good feedback :)

Alex Kim

Stunt Coordinator
Im a newbie at this but i've done countless hours of research on the subject. Consensus is that the hitachi is best followed closely by the toshiba. Then the sony followed by the RCA. I'm extremely happy with my toshiba 57hdx82 and it costs about 500 dollars less than the hitachi.

Ted Lee

Senior HTF Member
hi shaun -
i'm going to give a strong push for the hitachi. i read a recent review from sght that basically *glowed* on the 51SWX20B. the reviewer essentially said it was one of the best he's ever seen, etc. i posted this question about the tv.
i'm assuming those system's you listed at htb's. i'm not familiar with them, but i'll give a slight nod towards the polk. i'll bet they've got the best speakers of the three.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks