What's new

PLEASE HELP! Can someone post the rebate details for LOTR? (1 Viewer)

Brian E

Screenwriter
yeah that's it and what is with not giving the rebate to those of us that preordered it?
Why wouldn't they? Hasn't every other rebate listed the release day as the start date? I've never heard of anyone who preordered having a problem with previous rebates. I would think they'll honor the rebate for folks who preordered. It would be nice if there was some kind of contact phone number to clarify it though.

Brian E

Screenwriter
Just got the discs. No rebate form!!! :angry:
Oh well, I'm sure I'll be able to get one off of somebody who's not getting the EE. If not I won't be to devistated, I'm getting the 5 discer for $32 shipped. Although $22 would be better.

Brian E

Screenwriter
Well, not exactly John. Unless you can get ahold of a $10 Amazon GC. Basically this is what I did.

5 Disc Set @ Amazon $49.94
Shipping +$2.98
10% Share The Love Discount -$4.99
$5 off $35 order coupon -$5.00
$10 Amazon GC from Vividence -$10.00

TOTAL $32.93

Amazon has since raised their price to $59.94 though. You could still use STL and I think the coupon for $5 off is still good, but with the price increase and no $10 GC it might be cheaper somewhere else.

Mike Friedrich

Stunt Coordinator
Ok here goes, I have the coupon book inside my copy that I got from Blockbuster which contains both the $5 & $10 rebate form, you can tell if it's inside by the round "win a Kia Sorento SUV" sticker on the front cover.
Also it's a good idea to keep your original receipt inside the case so it won't get lost.
bodymov :cool:'n

James E

Stunt Coordinator
Brian, sorry about that must have got my wires crossed while i was reading your post:b

Enrique B Chamorro

Supporting Actor
Just got my copy of the LOTR-DC 4 disc set.
It has the "movie cash", so you can see the film,
but it does not have the coupon for the $5 rebate.
Is there a New Line phone number I can call like
Disney and get the rebate form mailed to me?
Thanks

dpippel

Yoyodyne Propulsion Systems
Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Doug
Enrique - The rebate coupon is only for people who purchased the theatrical version of FOTR when it was initially released on DVD back in August. The coupon was included with that disc. It is *not* included in either the Extended Edition or the Gift Set released today.

Brian E

Screenwriter
The rebate coupon is only for people who purchased the theatrical version of FOTR when it was initially released on DVD back in August. The coupon was included with that disc. It is *not* included in either the Extended Edition or the Gift Set released today.
Looks like a bunch of us get screwed then. I didn't get a coupon in my theatrical version and know a few others that didn't either.

Speaking of the coupon. Anyone have one and not plan on getting the EE?

JavierS

Stunt Coordinator
Well I lost the rebate form and I also expected the Gift Set to COME with the rebate form. No no, that WOULD make sense!!!!

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
*Store receipt and original proof-of-purchase from the lord of the rings: the fellowship of the ring theatrical version DVD or VHS

*Store receipt and original proof-of-purchase from the lord of the rings: the fellowship of the ring special extended edition DVD or VHS
so do you think the store reciept can be a copy?

from that quote it doesnt say origional store receipt just origional p-o-p

Rodon

Second Unit
Will someone with a scanner and that has the original release of LOTR with a cash receipt scan it for me please. I have the rebate but do not have my receipt anymore from back in August.

Can anyone help me out at all?

Marvin

Screenwriter
Real Name
Marvin
For the proof of purchase of the theatrical version, as shown in the first page of this thread, do you have to send in all 3 p-o-p thingies? Or any one of them? Or the UPC symbol in addition to them?

Dave Danek

Stunt Coordinator
Just wondering if anyone has dealt with rebates involving Canadian versions of discs. I received my LOTR gift set from Playcentric. It's the Canadian version distributed by Alliance Atlantic (or something like that). Now the rebate says valid in the USA (i live in California which is for the most part, still part of the USA) on the New Line products specified (the EE 4/5 disc sets). But i have the AA product which is noted on the PoP. So I'm a little concerned that I won't get the rebate, but I'll give it a shot. Anyone have any similar experiences in getting USA rebates on Canadian products???

NeilO

Senior HTF Member
Did anyone find out whether New Line will honor preorder receipts for this rebate? It does say "8/6/02 - 2/28/03" which would imply not, but I would think that by now they should have issued a statement somewhere about this. I'm sure someone must have contacted them about this.

Thanks,

Neil

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks