What's new

PLEASE HELP! Can someone post the rebate details for LOTR? (1 Viewer)

Jeff Ulmer

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
I have asked in the two threads established and not gotten a reply.

What I need to know are the terms of the $10 coupon in the LOTR set for buying the extended version later:

Is this an instore coupon? Mail in offer? offer only good in the US?

Time is critical since I will want to preorder from the US if it is open to all of North America, and would also want to preorder the expanded set, unless the coupon had to be redeeemed at a retail outlet.

Please help!

Please support HTF by using one of these affiliate links when considering a purchase.

James E

Stunt Coordinator
$5.00 Mail in Rebate on special extended DVD & VHS Editions
$10.00 Mail in Rebate on Collector's DVD gift set
for $5.00 Rebate
*This original rebate request certificate
*Store receipt and original proof-of-purchase from the lord of the rings: the fellowship of the ring theatrical version DVD or VHS
*Store receipt and original proof-of-purchase from the lord of the rings: the fellowship of the ring special extended edition DVD or VHS
for $10.00 Rebate
*This original rebate certificate
*Store receipt and original proof-of-purchase from the lord of the rings: the fellowship of the ring theatrical version DVD or VHS
*Store receipt and original proof-of-purchase from the lord of the rings: the fellowship of the ring collector's DVD gift set
all rebate requests must be postmarked by 3/1/03 and received by 3/07/03. not payable at retail store.
this original certificate must accompany your request.
group requests or mechanical reproductions of any item specified as requiring an original will not be honored/returned. offer valid only for the above-specified new line home video products. purchase date on all required store receipts must be between 8/6/02 - 2/28/03. allow 8-10 weeks for delivery of rebate check. no post office box or business addresses accepted. sponsor not responsible for late, lost, stolen, misdirected, illegible, incomplete or postage due requests. offer void where prohibited. all federal, state & local rules/regulations apply. VALID ONLY IN THE USA. rebate offer not to exceed $10.00. limit one per person/household/envelope. sponsor: new line home entertainment, inc., 116 north robertson blvd. los angeles, ca 90048. c 2002 new line home entertainment, al rights reserved productions, inc. the lord of the rings, the characters, names and places therein, TM the saul company d/b/a Tolkien enterprises under license to new line productions, ind. all rights reserved.
hope i got it all
james

ChrisMatson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chris
Will the folks getting in on the EB trade-in deal be out of luck then?

I don't think they will be giving us a receipt, as we aren't actually purchasing the DVD.

Nathan*W

Screenwriter
Real Name
Nathan
Will the folks getting in on the EB trade-in deal be out of luck then?

I don't think they will be giving us a receipt, as we aren't actually purchasing the DVD.
My EB gave me a voucher AND a gift card, so I assume the gift card will be used to pay on Tuesday for LOTR, and I will be given a receipt. I think the voucher only specifies what the gift card can be used for (ie:LOTR)

Tim_Speicher

Stunt Coordinator
for $10.00 Rebate
*This original rebate certificate
*Store receipt and original proof-of-purchase from the lord of the rings: the fellowship of the ring collector's DVD gift set
Is the proof-of-purchase part of the DVD cover? If so, then does it have to be cut in order to send the original proof of purchase? I don't know that I would want to cut any part of the packaging to save a few bucks.:frowning:

Phil Tomaskovic

Supporting Actor
What about the Blockbuster rental card? Can we use the receipt from that as a dvd proof of purchase (if I still have it)?

David James

Stunt Coordinator
"What about the Blockbuster rental card? Can we use the receipt from that as a dvd proof of purchase (if I still have it)?"

I hope so... My receipt shows I "paid" $22.95 for LOTR so I don't see why it wouldn't qualify.

Tim_Speicher

Stunt Coordinator
Just to make sure that I'm not getting confused (frequently happens :))... You can use your BB receipt as both Proof of Purchase and Store Receipt - rather than snipping anything from the DVD case?

RobertCharlotte

Supporting Actor
I'll just make a color copy of the cover art and keep that in the case. With all the other replacement cover art I've got, I really don't think I'll ever notice.

John Berggren

Senior HTF Member
The proof of purchase thing is annoying. The tiny bit of OCD in me won't allow chopping for the sake of cash. Even $10.

Brian E

Screenwriter
Ok, so there are pop's on the back. Can anyone who has it confirm if these are the only pop's? You'd think they'd get it by now an include something like the original Pearl Harbor release did.

James E

Stunt Coordinator
yeah that's it:angry: and what is with not giving the rebate to those of us that preordered it?

Tim_Speicher

Stunt Coordinator
Maybe we could petition NewLine to come accept some other form of Proof-of-purchase - one that wouldn't require the butchering of the cover? ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hilogisticz
Recent bookmarks