What's new

Please FINISH Peyton Place on DVD! *Official Thread* (1 Viewer)

Mark Collins

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mark
PEYTON PLACE PART 2 OUT TODAY!!!! BEST BUY HAS BOTH CHAPTERS BUY YOURS TODAY WHILE ON SALE THRU SATURDAY.

Mark Collins

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mark
PEYTON PLACE PART 2 OUT TODAY!!! PEYTON PLACE ON SALE THRU SATURDAY AT BEST BUY BORDERS AND BARNES AND NOBLE. PART 2 AND PART 1 ARE AVAILABLE AT ALL 3 STORES!!!! FANS PLEASE BUY FROM ANY OF THESE 3 TOP RETAILERS. NEW FANS TAKE A LEAP OF FAITH AND BUY THIS SHOW!!!

Mark Collins

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mark
PEYTON PLACE PART 2 AND PART 1 NOW AVAILABLE!!!! I bought mine at Best Buy. I like the fact I can apply those reward zone coupons. I also thanked the order person who is not employed by Best Buy but does the ordering for them. I talked with her when Dark Shadows was out on dvd. I asked her then if more DS could be ordered. I explained I would get there on a Tuesday and only one would be left. She listened to me and ordered 2 more copies of DS.

Peyton Place fans old and new let us know when you receive your copies and what you think.

Sue Ellen I remembered you said you had a problem getting part 1. I checked with Barnes and Nobles and Borders for you. Each said they had 1 copy. My local Best Buy had 4 of part 1 and 3 of part 2. I am really pleased a top retailer such as Best Buy is carrying the show.

I also acted like a first class moron holding the PP DVD in my hand saying "look here is Peyton Place on DVD a great show". I only showed it to the people looking at DVDs. I do not want everyone to think I ran around the store brandishing it. I don't want to be arrested.

Jack haven't heard from you buddie have you got yours? I also want to know if I am invited for Pasta I'll bring the wine.

Alan you waited last time to get the first one. I hope you were able to get yours this time without having to wait.

Tina you saved yours for your birthday did you buy Part 2 yet?

My Barbara Parkins Buddie who stated he was falling in love. Betty in Part 2 is simply fantastic!

Charles MY HERO who made all this possible any info on the next release?

I am viewing my copy this weekend. The photos on the back of the set from second and 3rd years gives me hope for more release's.

Vincefan if you are reading this thankyou for your comments yesterday on your thread. Hey why not try a copy of Peyton Place??? Let us know if you do and your reaction.

Mark Collins

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mark
PEYTON PLACE PARTS ONE AND TWO OUT ON DVD NOW BUY YOURS THIS WEEK AT TOP RETAILERS WHILE ON SALE THRU SATURDAY.

I now sadly start my weekend early. Oh well the good part is I can now rip open my Peyton Place CD and start watching. So now I will go in seclusion which everyone here will be glad of.

Jack sorry I did not hook up with you for pasta but there was a catch I had not revealed. I was bringing wine and Sue Ellen and Alan and Charles did I forget anyone oh yea it was open house invitation for all PP fans right. I know Jack being Jack it would be. Fill us in on Jamestown if you went yet. I think everyone on the planet is a Lucy fan.

Jack Cleveland

Second Unit
Sorry for the double post here, but the last was merely an experiment. I have been unable to post here since the Forum was redesigned two weeks ago. That has been using my laptop. I finally went back and booted up the desktop. For some reason it went right through. Now I'm wondering why I can't post on the laptop!

I've responded several times to all the recent posts (All lost due to my posting problem!). Return to Peyton Place would be fun to see. Anyone know if it was filmed or videotaped? I ask because it is my understanding that networks often taped over episodes of soaps and other programming, never thinking there could one day be an audience eager to see the shows again. Filmed episodes of programs have survived mainly because they were not easilly erased like videotape. If these shows were shot on videotape, there is a good chance they no longer exist unfortunately.

That is my layman's understanding of the television industry. Anyone know more?

Have to run to BB to get the second set. Hopefully my store has some...

Jack

Charles Ellis

Senior HTF Member
Jack, it was videotaped. Since the production company was a major studio, hopes are that perhaps the tapes were saved for possible foreign sales or domestic syndication. Columbia Pictures TV aka Sony has all of Days of our Lives from its November 1965 debut (and in color), likewise with The Young & The Restless from 1973 on. So there is a possiblity, and if the two years of tapes do exist, who knows?

phil*

Second Unit
Real Name
Andro
Interesting to see Whit Bissell and John Zaremba together in same episodes on Peyton Place in 1965. In 1966, the two would co-star on The Time Tunnel.

SueEllen

Auditioning
Real Name
Thom
Charles who at Fox could tell us about RTPP? I believe there are private collectors out there who have some Beta eps of the series. There is message board about daytime soaps where a poster named 'Chris" alluded to the fact she has copies of RTPP but the burden of transferring from Beta to VHS or disc would be too much trouble.

I would love to see the first three years of Y&R again. That show, in that period where the Brooks family was prominent, along with DS & PP are my three all time favorite shows.

Charles Ellis

Senior HTF Member
If you go to the Paley Center in NYC or LA (formerly The Museum of TV & Radio), you'll find a nice selection of early Y&R episodes from the early years, covering the debut episode, Chris & Snapper's wedding, and the classic Katherine/Phillip/Jill triangle among other events. The nightime PP is represented there with a whole bunch of episodes, all of them B/W episodes from '64-66 with the sole exception being the final episode, which was filmed in color. I don't think there's anything there regarding the daytime version, though, but you can always try.

UCLA does have five episodes in its TV & radio archive from 1973, apparently taped off the air. However, they are currently not for viewing, and are in the vault.

SueEllen

Auditioning
Real Name
Thom
Thanks Charles.

It is so stupid these episodes can't be seen or sold. I wonder if one of the five eps is the nightime airing of the conclusion of Allison's trial. It ran in February(?) 1973 on a Sunday night. It got great ratings, I think it was on after McCloud or something.

I would love to see Chris and Snapper's wedding. Y&R didn't starting airing in my neck of the woods - Cincinnati - until 1974 and then I had to get it on the Dayton CBS channel. Y &R again used music so well for its characters and moods.

AlanP

Screenwriter
Real Name
BAP
I just ordered PP2 from Deep Discounts annual sale, along with the WARNER'S ROMANCE COLLECTION, all Troy Donahue films, not sure why it wasn't called "THE TROY DONAHUE COLLECTION", great films, "PARRISH", "SUSAN SLADE", "ROME ADVENTURE", you get the picture................. !!!!
However, try YOU TUBE for some of the old soaps, I found an "EDGE OF NIGHT" ep, with TEAL AMES as Sara Karr on it from 1960, not great quality but you get the feel for the original "EDGE" which, was great !!!! I remember it from my grandmother watching it with her. Loved SARA !!! I was in second grade however, it made an impression on me. Check it out if you are an "EDGE FAN" !!!
Let me know what you think........................

Charles Ellis

Senior HTF Member
Great news- I was an ABC Edge fan: Adam/Nicole, Draper/April, Raven/Sky- that was one hell of a show. I do know that all episodes from early 1978 to the show's December 1984 finale are available for syndication.

I already have the Donahue set- if only Youngblood Hawke or the trashy Claudelle Inglish came out- sounds like a job for the Warner Archive!

Guy Foulard

Second Unit
Real Name
Jason
The New York Times had an article on the Peyton Place DVDs in their 7/16 edition--maybe this will reach some potential fans who might not have heard about the discs otherwise...

Mark Collins

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mark
PEYTON PLACE FANS UNITE AND LET SHOUT KNOW WE ENJOYED THE 1ST TWO CHAPTERS. Charles wrote a fantastic email last time. I hope even a note to Shout that we would like to know when chapter 3 will come out would be good.

I am out of the game for how long I do not know. I am going to have gallbladder surgery. Have been in lots of pain. Jack listen up as bad as it was I drove to Best Buy and got The Lucy Show season 1. A good friend called and said be bought Lucy at Walmart for 5 bucks less. Oh well I am glad he was able to buy it he is a Lucy fan like me.

So during recovery I have Peyton Place and Lucy to watch.

Bye for now Mark

DeWilson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Denny
I say WRITE REAL LETTERS - NOT EMAILS -TO SHOUT! TO LET THEM KNOW WE WANT MORE! :)

Anyone can send emails, but real letters in an envelope mailed through the post office still has a stronger impact,even in this day and age,
Edited by DeWilson - 7/23/2009 at 07:20 am GMT

Charles Ellis

Senior HTF Member
Pity there isn't a Wal-Maart in my area. Well, I can always try getting a set online. Mark, I sympathize with you as I had back surgery last year Good luck!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks