What's new

Please explain buying Paradigm in Canada? (1 Viewer)

Mark Paquette

Supporting Actor
I'm trying to figure out if making a run for the border will be worth my time when buying a Paradigm Studio setup. Are the MSRP's in Canada the same as they are in the US? BTW, Canada is about a 1 1/2 hour drive for me.

Luke_Y

Second Unit
Mark, yes the MSRP is the same in Can as US. It would be very worth your while if you are only 1.5 hours away.
I will point you to a few threads;
Here
OK I had to edit and delete a few as my bookmarks were no longer good, but the one should answer most of your questions anyhow. :b

Evan S

Senior HTF Member
Mark, I drove 10 hours round trip for my Paradigms in Canada and would do so again tomorrow if I had to.

The Studio 40's for instance were $1200 retail at my local dealer and he was willing to discount to $1050 plus tax. I drove up to Canada and got them for $680 and got half the taxes back because I am a US citizen. That's a 37% savings all for the price of my time and a tank of gas.

By the way, that's not all I bought up there. And everything else I got was the same kind of savings. Definately investigate that route.

MikePeroni

Stunt Coordinator
Americans get ALL the taxes back when buying a Canadian product. I purchased the Energy Take 5.2 in Windsor (550.00!), paid tax at the store,(two taxes, GST and PST)
When your at the border, you stop in the duty-free store w/ your receipts, you get one tax right back in cash, and for the other one they give you a form to fill out and mail. Check came in about 2-3 weeks! No taxes paid at all!

ps. Dont forget to stock up on some great Molson and Labatts!

Evan S

Senior HTF Member
Mike, it depends on the Canadian province. Ontario refunds all the taxes...Quebec retains the PST...you only get the GST back in Quebec.

Joe Cole

Second Unit
I was wondering about this sort of thing myself. But how do you bring them back with out paying any fees in the US? Smuggling? Or is it legal?

Evan S

Senior HTF Member
Joe...perfectly legal...NAFTA baby! North American Free Trade Agreement. You can buy anything Canadian made, in Canada and return to the States and not pay any duty or import taxes....same goes for goods made and bought in Mexico.

No strings attached.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks