Places that pack and ship large items for cheap?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Leo Hinze, Feb 19, 2002.

1. Leo Hinze

Leo Hinze Stunt Coordinator

I am thinking of selling my Nordic Track skier on eBay. I don't have the original box, so I need to find some place to pack it. It would be great if that place would also ship.

I can take it to Mail Boxes Etc., but I think they charge to much for their packing services, and I definitely don't want to pay the extra charges they seem to tack onto the normal charges. Plus, I think that even UPS is a bit expensive for large items.

My mom once sent me a La-Z-Boy, but she can't remember the name of the company that packed and shipped it for ~$75.

Thanks.

2. Wade K

Wade K Second Unit

Airborne Express looks like they have good rates for shipping, but I can't find any info on whether they pack. I'm looking for someone to pack and ship a large bed headboard from NYC to Iowa for cheap myself.

3. Mike_Ped

Mike_Ped Second Unit

I shipped a 40 pound box, about 3x3 for 10 bucks through FedEx. Look into them, mayeb they'll help.

Mike

4. Don Black

Don Black Screenwriter

For a Norditrack, I guarantee you that Mailboxes Etc. will run you $100-$200 just for packing. They charged me $12 for a 12" B&W security monitor ($20 if I wanted it double-boxed).

5. Jay H

Jay H Producer

Jay
    Yeah, Mailboxes Etc is real expensive. If you can find a local UPS counter or FedEx counter, you can try them directly. I shipped my Bike in a Bike box from NJ to Alaska via Fed-Ex express saver insured for like $120. Since FedEx bought RPS, their "Fedex Ground" is alot cheaper though if you're not looking at air services.

Jay