What's new

Pirates of the Caribbean: Curse of the Black Pearl Framing Issue (1 Viewer)

Christian P

Stunt Coordinator
I live in Germany and filled out the form at the link posted earlier (Buena Vista Online Entertainment). I got an e-mail asking for my address and then this notice:

"Thank you for your email. We have received your contact information and will be sending you a new Pirates of the Caribbean Blu-ray disc shortly."

I received the replacement disc 2 weeks later! Thanks again Disney for your excellent service, even to overseas customers!

Ray H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ray
I filled out the form two weeks ago, but never got an e-mail asking for my address. I guess I'll give 'em a ring.

Douglas Monce

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Douglas Monce

You have to remember that Hollywood is a town that basically shuts down from about 3 days before Christmas till after new years day. I'm not surprised that there has been a delay on getting replacement discs around this time of year.

Doug

JustinCleveland

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Justin Cleveland
But the redemption center is in Neenah, Wisconsin so that isn't much of an issue. Same place that handled the Fifth Element replacements.

Got mine about 10 days after ordering. I appreciate their being so prompt.

Russell B

Stunt Coordinator
My bro did the order form and nothing happened so he called Disney and they are sending him an envelope to send in his bad disc in order to get a new one.

Jeff Swindoll

Supporting Actor
It would appear that my copy is the corrected version (according to the Norrington test on page two) and I just bought it at the B1G1 sale at Toys R Us today.

Joe Fisher

Screenwriter
Real Name
Joseph E Fisher
htf_images_smilies_banana.gif
htf_images_smilies_banana.gif

Finally got my reply from Disney. Only took 18 days. Anyway, sent my address and hopefully I'll get the mailer to send back the disc quicker then my initial message.

:D :D

RickER

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Rick

Same here. They are sending an envelope so i can return my old disc for the new one. Oh well...hope its not broken, like my last NetFlix disc was.

EnricoE

Supporting Actor
i wrote them a week ago but i haven't got any reply yet. is this normal?

i do wanna have a fixed copy too :)

Reagan

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Reagan
I finally got a reply too. About 17 days after my initial contact. Like many of the rest of you, they're sending a mailer to me so that I can return my bad disc before getting the replacement.

Good to hear that corrected discs have made it to the store.

-Reagan

Lyle_JP

Screenwriter
I just got my reply today, after using the website some time before Christmas. I guess they were just backed up. Curiously, the email said that they had received my contact info and were sending out a mailer for me to send the bad disc back. It's curious because the form doesn't ask for address. Then I realized there were about two dozen different ways that the Disney company has both my email address on file (Annual Passholder, Movie Rewards, Disney Shopping, etc.). I guess certain databases are shared with other departments. :eek:

Ron Reda

Senior HTF Member

Well, initially, you didn't need to ship the old disc back, but as you can imagine, I'm sure some people who never owned the disc to begin with used this as an opportunity to get a free disc by obtaining the information from a friend or the internet. That's probably why you now have to send in the old disc. Just speculation though.

Derek_J

Stunt Coordinator
How would they be able to tell? I understand why they might require the old disc first, but then they could turn around and not send a replacement...

Brent M

Senior HTF Member
Well, after sending 2 e-mails and getting no response I decided to call the 800 # and talk to a human. She said I'd receive the mailer in 3 days so we'll see how long the turnaround takes.

Kenneth Lee

Stunt Coordinator

Hey Jeff,

Very nice! :)

Was there any Sticker or anything you noticed on the packaging of your Pirates Case that would indicate it was the Fixed Version?

I hope there's an easy way to tell (I'm still holding out on buying it until I know I'm getting the corrected version).

Thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks