Pioneer Vs Yamaha - Suggestions?

Discussion in 'AV Receivers' started by Gregory_S, Jan 16, 2006.

1. Gregory_S

Gregory_S Extra

I am looking for a receiver and have narrowed it down to 2 in my price range. the Yamaha HTR-5860 or the Pioneer VSX-1015TX-K. Any suggestions on which is a better unit? Or any other brands? Thanks Greg.

2. Leigh_M

Leigh_M Stunt Coordinator

I own both the Yamaha RX-V630 and Pioneer 1014. The pioneer has more bells and whistles, but, IMHO the yamaha sounds better, and appears to have more power (despite the power ratings).

3. Dan Driscoll

Dan Driscoll Supporting Actor

Yep, the one that sounds better to you. There are no major differences in features or performance that would justify buying one over the other. It's a simple matter of personal preference.

4. Bobby T

Bobby T Supporting Actor

both are good units. get the one that sounds best to you.

5. Tom DeWitt

Tom DeWitt Auditioning

Before I went Denon I used both the VSX-1015TX and the HT-5860, and I felt the Pioneer was a much better unit, Even my mother noticed how clean and full the sound was with the VSX-1015TX at ultra high volumes.

The only real atvantage that I noticed with the yamaha was the XM tuner, although if you atempt to jump up or down more than 3-5 channels to quickly you get the "Check Ant." error message.

The yamaha did sound better playing music at lower volumes. but on movies and LOUD music the Pioneer was supreme.