What's new

Pioneer vs. HK (1 Viewer)

I've narrowed my list of receivers to two. Which one would you prefer?
Harmon Kardon AVR 7000
or
Pioneer VSX-37TX ELITE
The Pioneer has a better feature set, but the HK has got pretty good marks too. Could someone elaborate more on "Logic 7"?

Brent Cantrell

Stunt Coordinator
I love my VSX-39 so far, (minus my speaker problems, which I think are speaker related, not reciever), and I think it's pretty much the same unit as the 39. I've loved Pioneer in the past. I think it sounds great, (until I freak my speakers out). I went and heard a 39 through a set of Klipsch today, and it sounded great throught the volume spectrum, so I doubly think it's speakers. Anyway, go with the Pioneer.
------------------
http://www.dvdprofiler.com/mycollect...lias=BCantrell

Stan T

Stunt Coordinator
I love my Pioneer Elite 39TX receiver. I wasn't able to find anything that could beat it in sound.
You might want to hold off until October. Pioneer Elite is releasing 2 new models, the VSX-47TX & VSX-49TX. They will be THX Ultra2 Certified. They will also have Dolby Prologic 2 & DTS ES Discrete. Both will have Dolby THX EX surround on them. So if you can hold off for a month the new Pioneer Elite receivers will definitely be worth it. From everything that I have read on the specs you won't need an extra amplifier to run the back channels for the EX & DTS ES Discrete.
At this time the 2 new receivers will have about everything that is available.

Pete Jennings

Second Unit
I've had an Elite model for almost two years and really like it, I wouldn't replace it with another brand receiver. The quality of build and sound are excellent. If I were to change it out I would begin the crossover to seperates and give my wife something really good to be pissed at!!!
I have not heard the HK, I'm sure it is a good unit. Go with essential features, forget DSP's, and then LISTEN, your ears will tell you the rest!!! When you make your decision, don't second guess yourself - just enjoy!
My $.02
Pete

Mike Voigt

Supporting Actor
What speakers are you pairing these with?
I used to have a Harman/Kardon unit, and the mellowness of it was great. I switched to a Yamaha, and the mellowness went away, but was complemented by a crisper sound instead.
Why, I have no idea.
Both of these went through NHTs.
Mike

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks