What's new

Pioneer Elite VSX-55TXi surround posts broken! Where can I find new ones? (1 Viewer)

Robb0h

Auditioning
Real Name
Rob
Hello,

I have a VSX-55TXi. When moving it out of my entertainment shelf, two of the surround posts (can't think of the correct term... where you put the speaker wire in and then turn the collar to hold it in place...) broke off. Is there somewhere I can get two more? They broke at the point where the wire goes in, since it's basically a hole in the middle of the posts... I know you can get generic posts at Radio Shack etc... but was hoping for an exact match. I checked the Pioneer website but they don't have those kind of parts listed.

I called the local "authorized repair" facility but he said the repair would either be cheap or VERY expensive based on if they were the kind that attached directly to a circuitboard, and he wouldn't know until he opened it (which was a $75 fee just to get it in the shop...um hm...).

At any rate, this thing is long out of warranty so I thought I'd pop it open and try to replace them myself if I could find a source for the identical posts.

Thanks,
Rob

Robert_J

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Parts Express and other speaker building sites have numerous types of binding posts. The difficulty factor will be just like the repair guy said, it depends on how they are connected to the cuircuit board.

Direct from Pioneer via Partstore.com

There are three listed for the main speaker terminals. Two are six position and the other, eight. You'll need to open the lid and figure out which of the two sections is actually damaged.

http://tinyurl.com/yhe6gym

You can call Pioneer's service department to narrow it down...

Ed Moxley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ed
Another guy here had the same problem recently, and said he found some at Radio Shack, that worked great.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gigaspin88
Recent bookmarks