What's new

External bluetooth with a Pioneer Elite receiver setup question (1 Viewer)

tdhcsc

Auditioning
Real Name
Daniel Y
I've got 2 Pioneer Elite receivers in my home. A VSX-70 and a 50.

I'm trying to get an external bluetooth device with 'line in' RCA plugs connected so I can listen to the show on bluetooth headsets at the same time my wife is watching the movie on the surround speaker system so,,, both the speakers and the bluetooth headset need to be on at the same time. OK, so I'm hard of hearing! Both bluetooth and speakers independently volume controlled. Speakers via the remote and headsets with the headset volume control. For the life of me I just can't seem to figure it out.

Just need to know where the RCA plugs go in the plethora of options available. Don't know if it's even possible to do it without purchasing another piece of equipment.

I've searched everywhere on the net for an answer but can't seem to find one.

Any help appreciated!.

Last edited:

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Daniel:

I'm going to move this post to our Hardware Forum (specifically, receivers) to get more eyes on your question.

I would bet an answer will come soon.

Welcome to the HTF!

:welcome:

Wayne A. Pflughaupt

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Wayne
What you need is a Bluetooth transmitter. The Avantree Oasis seems to be one of the better ones. Its stereo 3.5 mm input would connect to the Pioneer’s main RCA outputs, using a stereo RCA to 3.5 mm cable. The only possible caveat, some AVRs disconnect the front speakers if you plug a cable into the main output jacks. That’s something you should check before you spend your money.

https://avantree.com/oasis-plus-bluetooth-transmitter-for-tv

Regards,
Wayne A. Pflughaupt

tdhcsc

Auditioning
Real Name
Daniel Y
I already have a bluetooth transmitter. It seems the Pioneer Elite series disconnects the speakers when I plug it in to the RCA outputs and the built in software demands I select one or the other when I'm setting it up.

Last edited:

Wayne A. Pflughaupt

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Wayne

tdhcsc

Auditioning
Real Name
Daniel Y
From the manual it looks like you have 2 HDMI outputs. You might be able to use the second one for this. Connect it to an HDMI audio extractor to get signal to your transmitter.

See pp. 30-01 of the manual.

https://www.pioneerelectronics.com/StaticFiles/Manuals/Home/VSX-70_OperatingInstructions021313.pdf

Regards,
Wayne A. Pflughaupt

Wayne;

You got me thinking,

Perhaps an HDMI splitter and use the second output with an HDMI audio extractor. That way I wouldn't have to deal with the 2 zone setup, plus the VSX-40 doesn't have 2 HDMI outputs.

I would be taking the HDMI feed to the TV, ruin it through a splitter and on #2 output add an audio extractor which would be connected to the bluetooth transmitter. ?????

I've been working all day reading on the subject and playing with the receiver with no luck.

What do you think of that concept??

Thanks for your idea!

Dan

Wayne A. Pflughaupt

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Wayne
I don’t know enough about HDMI and associated splitters to comment. Worth a try, and you’ll have the Zone 2 option as a back-up.

Regards,
Wayne A. Pflughaupt

tdhcsc

Auditioning
Real Name
Daniel Y
I don’t know enough about HDMI and associated splitters to comment. Worth a try, and you’ll have the Zone 2 option as a back-up.

Regards,
Wayne A. Pflughaupt

The wife says I should call Leo LaPorte. She listens to him on Saturdays and it's a different subject than the questions he usually gets.

I think I'll try the idea you gave me. I'm surprised that I can't find the answer anywhere except to ask an expert like yourself.

Thanks again. I'm gone!

Dan,

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks