What's new

Pioneer Elite C-36 & "digital progressive"?? (1 Viewer)

Just picked up a Pioneer Elite DV-C36 after the salesman recommended it to me. Just looked at the specs & it says it does "digital progressive scan"--is this really progressive scan??

Anybidy have any opinions on this player?
The other one tha looked good was the Denon 1600--pros/cons of one over the other??

thanks

Nathan_R

Supporting Actor
It has a line doubler, but it does not do 3/2 pulldown detection. Still it's a great player. I purchased one last year and I'll keep it for a long time.

Best regards,
~~Nathan

Lyle_JP

Screenwriter
It means that the player cannot re-assemble film frames from the interlaced video fileds! This is practically the entire reason for owning a progressive scan player in the first place!
Quite frankly, even the cheapest JVC progressive scan players (which can be had for less than $200 now) will outperform that Pioneer "Elite" POS!
And before someone gets on my case for bashing Pioneer, as the proud owner of a DV-37, DVL-909, VSX-39TX and M-10X, I feel it is my duty to piont out that while Pioneer makes some great stuff, the DV-C36 was a damn mean trick for Pioneer to play on Home Theater Buffs. Avoid it at all costs.
-Lyle J.P.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks