What's new

Pioneer Elite 47TX/49TX owners--what volume level(db) do you use for your DVDs? (1 Viewer)

Brent M

Senior HTF Member
Hello all,

I just recently purchased a new Pioneer Elite VSX-47TX and I have noticed that I need to crank the volume up a little higher on this receiver than I did on my old Yamaha RX-V2095. I used the MCACC auto calibration set-up and it adjusted everything properly as far as I can tell, but I'm just wondering what volume levels other Elite owners use for certain DVDs. For example, I play the following DVDs at these levels:

The Phantom Menace(-5 db)
Pearl Harbor(-7 db)
Lord of the Rings(-16 db)
Jurassic Park(-8 db)
Gladiator(-10 db)

These are just a few examples of volume levels I have observed and I just wanted to know if other users play these DVDs(or similar action discs) at similar levels. Any responses to this thread would be greatly appreciated as I'm just trying to make sure my system is functioning properly and that I'm not losing power somewhere. By the way, all of the DVDs I play are in THX Ultra2 mode if that helps. Thanks for your help.

Brent

DanielSmi

Second Unit
Generally I listen at
Gladiator (-15dB)
LOTR (-23dB)
JP (-15dB)

lately I've been listening to my movies at a lower level but they still sound loud. Do you like to crank your movies really loud? My speakers are Klipsch rf-5's, rc-7, rs-7's, Jbl N24 (rear surrounds), and Velo HGS-10 subwoofer.

Daniel Smith

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks