Pioneer dv-563a

Discussion in 'Playback Devices' started by Jeremy Scott, Nov 1, 2003.

1. Jeremy Scott

Jeremy Scott Second Unit

I went to circuit city today to look for a new dvd player, i was thinking of the panasonic 5 idsc f85 one with progressive scan and dvd-audio.

but the guy showed me the pioneer dv-563a one that is ps, and plays dvd-audio and sacd. it was on sale for $179
    It looks nice and i got my new home theater magazine today and it had an article about the pioneer in it for $250, does anyone have the pioneer player.

also, i have a sony surround sound system, will sacd or dvd-audio sound good on it?

i really want to hear what sacd or dvd-audio sounds like!!
    thanks.

2. Chuck Kent

Chuck Kent Supporting Actor

Jeremy: IMO, the 563 is a great value. It's not perfect but it's darn good.

I bought one a few months ago to test the universal player waters. It was impressive enough that one of my friends bought one too. (BTW, I did end up exchanging my first one due to an apparently one-off level matching glitch.) Last week, I moved the Pioneer back to my second setup and bought a Denon 2200 universal for my main setup.

I did not compare the two players directly in the same setup but the Denon is (to my ears) clearly better at SACD than the Pioneer. (But it is over $350 more in price.) The playback quality gap is much narrower for DVD-A though.

Bottom line is that I'm sure that you would be able to appreciate the improvements that DVD-A and SACD bring on your setup. (The only other consideration you need to remember is that to play either format, you need a set of 5.1 analog inputs on your receiver at home and you'll need to buy 3 pairs of interconnects to hook things up.)

Here is a thread that covers many users thoughts http://www.hometheaterforum.com/htfo...7&pagenumber=1

3. FeisalK

FeisalK Screenwriter

jeremy,

4. Angelo.M

Angelo.M Producer

Jeremy:

Do a search. There is a massive thread on this player which began right around the time it was released.

5. Jeremy Scott

Jeremy Scott Second Unit

6. FeisalK

FeisalK Screenwriter

great, then you'll just need 3 pairs of RCA interconnects [​IMG]

check out the music area for SACD/DVDA recommendations