What's new

Pioneer dv-563a (1 Viewer)

Jeremy Scott

Second Unit
I went to circuit city today to look for a new dvd player, i was thinking of the panasonic 5 idsc f85 one with progressive scan and dvd-audio.

but the guy showed me the pioneer dv-563a one that is ps, and plays dvd-audio and sacd. it was on sale for $179
It looks nice and i got my new home theater magazine today and it had an article about the pioneer in it for $250, does anyone have the pioneer player.

also, i have a sony surround sound system, will sacd or dvd-audio sound good on it?

i really want to hear what sacd or dvd-audio sounds like!!
thanks.

Chuck Kent

Supporting Actor
Jeremy: IMO, the 563 is a great value. It's not perfect but it's darn good.

I bought one a few months ago to test the universal player waters. It was impressive enough that one of my friends bought one too. (BTW, I did end up exchanging my first one due to an apparently one-off level matching glitch.) Last week, I moved the Pioneer back to my second setup and bought a Denon 2200 universal for my main setup.

I did not compare the two players directly in the same setup but the Denon is (to my ears) clearly better at SACD than the Pioneer. (But it is over $350 more in price.) The playback quality gap is much narrower for DVD-A though.

Bottom line is that I'm sure that you would be able to appreciate the improvements that DVD-A and SACD bring on your setup. (The only other consideration you need to remember is that to play either format, you need a set of 5.1 analog inputs on your receiver at home and you'll need to buy 3 pairs of interconnects to hook things up.)

Here is a thread that covers many users thoughts http://www.hometheaterforum.com/htfo...7&pagenumber=1

FeisalK

Screenwriter
jeremy,

also, i have a sony surround sound system, will sacd or dvd-audio sound good on it?
what kind of Sony surround system? you have to make sure your surround receiver has 5.1 channel analog inputs because the hi-rez DVDA and SACD audio is not passed through the digital connection (neither coax nor optical)

take a peek at the Hirez FAQ

Angelo.M

Senior HTF Member
Jeremy:

Do a search. There is a massive thread on this player which began right around the time it was released.

FeisalK

Screenwriter
great, then you'll just need 3 pairs of RCA interconnects :)

check out the music area for SACD/DVDA recommendations

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks