What's new

pioneer 912 or harmon kardon325 (1 Viewer)

Dennis Gardner

Stunt Coordinator
Both are pretty solid choices in this price range.
They are way ahead of past $300 offerings, but have a few quirks.

Some have found that the Pioneer has a shutdown issue.
Some have found that the HK has digital sound dropout issues.

Search this forum for such postings and determine what the + and -s are for each before you pull the trigger.

Good Luck,

Dennis

Marcel_V

Stunt Coordinator
I was between the two as well, and went with the 325. Ive had it a few months and love it. I like having 7.1 instead of 6.1 with the pioneer, plus having less THD and better sound quality (IMO). I give it a vote.

Mark Dickerson

Stunt Coordinator
I would agree with Marcel--the H/K is a much better receiver IMHO. The design is better (higher current capability) and they use better parts. I have demo'ed the 325 against much more expensive competition, head to head, and I thought it sounded better in many face-offs.

Felix Martinez

Screenwriter
Real Name
Felix E. Martinez
I am *very* impressed with the Pioneer 912. I'm planning to use it in an upcoming column as an example of outstanding value for a receiver in the $300 range. Have not had any shutdown issues, BTW.

Cheers

Angelo.M

Senior HTF Member
Dan:

How large is the room? I demoed a 325 at home a few weeks ago and found its power somewhat unimpressive in a 20x20ft space. It was loud enough, but it seemed to lack oomph. Just a thought.

Kevin McCurdy

Stunt Coordinator
I just setup a Pioneer vsx-d912k this afternoon in a bedroom system. I have to say my initial thoughts are it sounds pretty darn good.

I wanted to get a receiver that could switch HDTV sources and it also had to have all the latest sound formats. The Pioneer seemed to fill that requirement well at the $300.00 street price.

dan scorpio

Stunt Coordinator
thanks guys i think i will get the 912, but does anyone know where they sell it (besides world of sound and vision)
i am in mississauga, area or toronto........

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Feetman
Recent bookmarks