What's new

Pioneer 45A Combing Issue? (1 Viewer)

Brian L

Senior HTF Member
I just started a thread over in Home Theater Software http://www.hometheaterforum.com/htfo...94#post1499494 pertaining to an issue with the 45A.

Since it may be disc specific, I thought I would post it there, rather than here. However, I know there are a lot of 45a users here, so if you might take a look at the thread, I would appreciate your feedback.

Thanks,

Brian

BobJ

Stunt Coordinator
This is a problem with some material on players that don't use the Faroujda chip (the Pioneer does not).

Brian L

Senior HTF Member
Thanks Bob.

I am anxious to hear from someone that has a DCDi equipped player and tests this particular title.

I have no doubts that the 45A is lacking in how it handles this sort of disc, but I have about 200 DVDs in the collection, and this is the first time I have ever seen combing on this player. If its happening on other titles its pretty subtle.

With this title, its a fork in the eye, so to speak. Leads me to think that the authoring on this disc is FUBAR, and everyone may have grief with it.

Regards,

BGL

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Feetman
Recent bookmarks