What's new

Pioneer 1014,Xbox,Playstation 2,TV Question (1 Viewer)

JoeyR

Second Unit
Real Name
Joey
Ok I have a non hdtv that has component outputs, I want to hook up the xbox and playstation 2 through my 1014, but their are 2 type of adapters one with S video and one with component, will I gain anything with S video even though its a downgraded cable? I know to get the full benefit of component video your tv should be hd, also to throw in the equation, down the road, not right now, I will be getting a dlp tv, go for the best hookups now or later?

Steve_L

Stunt Coordinator
I could be wrong about this, but I think it's more of gaining the benefot of the mechanical connection. Whatever is your input signal is going to limit your quality of signal out, even though it is "up-converted", it's really just mechanically upconverted, not electronically.

I'd be happy to be wrong about this, so someone please jump in if that is the case.

James Phung

Second Unit
Using component from your xbox and ps2 will give a much better quality image over svideo, even if you're not running HD. You might as well upgrade now so you can save money and be ready when you upgrade to DLP. Many xbox games are 480p and up and will look great in HD.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
royalserena
Recent bookmarks