What's new

pioneer 1014 at best buy for $699.99 (1 Viewer)

JayBird

Agent
Hey guys, I was wondering if this is a good canadian price for this highly reccomended pioneer receiver? Or if there is a cheaper canadian retailer that is located in the toronto area. Thanx

NickSo

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Nick So
It was on sale for $499 during boxing week at Future Shop/best buy, but i really doubt its gonna go back down to that price anytime soon... i saw it for $530 i believe from Visions before boxing week as well...

JayBird

Agent
damn..I wish I had of known it was that cheap during boxing week. I wouldn't have hesitated to grab it. Anyways, do you know any other canadian A/V stores that carry it for cheaper then $699.99? thanx

Del-L

Auditioning
There are a few places in downtown T.O. They're mom and pop type shops but they're authorized dealers for Pioneer. I was checking them out myself today. One is Golden Electronics across from the Eaton Centre just south of Dundas. I saw today they were selling a demo 1014 for 500 cash or debit.

There's also a few electronic shops north of Dundas you might want to check out as well.

brentl

Senior HTF Member
Golden Electronics is also on Bayview North of HWY7 in Richmond Hill

Brent

JayBird

Agent
I can't seem to find a webiste of golden electronics? Does anybody know if they even have a website?

brentl

Senior HTF Member
Actually Tony, finding info on the 1014 is easy, finding a website for Golden Electronics is difficult!

The downtown location was better than stocked than the Bayview one, but that was before the big rebuild of Yon ge Street.

Brent

JayBird

Agent
you gotta be kidding me? I could pick it up for $369.00 american or pay $699.99 canadian. WHAT A RIP OFF!!!! why is it so overpriced here? Would i be better off ordering it from the states and getting it shipped to me?

brentl

Senior HTF Member
Sure, but do you want a warranty???

I got mine for $500+tax, I threw it on my MC and now get 2 years of warranty.

It around $600 all in to Canada, but still no warranty.

Brent

JayBird

Agent
dam..I can't do that then. I have to get a warranty with it, theres no question about that. I guess i'll just keep looking around the toronto area, maybe it will go on sale somewhere. thanx

Del-L

Auditioning
Teletime, a store on Yonge north of Dundas (a little north of Future Shop), offered the 1014 for $575 cash including tax after I told them Golden Electronics was offering it for 500 not including tax. I didn't tell them it was a demo that was 500 but they figured it out themselves.

At first they weren't going to match it, they offered it for 600 all inclusive. I said I'd think about it and was heading out the door, when they decided to match Golden Electronics' price for a non-demo model. It's only 25 bucks difference but you can always haggle to a lower price or try to get some freebies included. And they are an authorized Pioneer dealer as is Golden. An extra $50 gets you an extra 2 years on top of pioneer's 2 year warranty.

Only thing is that it's exchange only should you want to return it. No refunds.

teletime.ca if you want to chheck out what they have.

JayBird

Agent
thanx a lot! Thats $100 cheaper then best buy, can't go wrong. I think if i do decide to buy it from that store, I will tell them the same thing you did about golden electronics. :p

JayBird

Agent
hey Del, Do you know if teletime is open on sundays? I really want to go down today and grab that receiver if at all possible. thanx

MikeGee

Second Unit
I am looking for this receiver as well. They dont' carry them at future shop near me. and we have no best buys here.(montreal area)They have them at Centre-HiFi but at a price of 800$+tax or 725$+tax for the demo...

brentl

Senior HTF Member
OK folks Best Buy is giving $200 off in Canada on the 1014!!

I think it's only on Sunday during the customer appreciation day!

Chad_

Grip
I can confirm that... from 5:00-9:00 in store on Feb 20th they are doing $200 off of the Pioneer 1014. It's a customer appreciation thing so I got an email about the sale since I signed up for their newsletter I guess? You can also buy it online from 5:00PM to 9:00AM the next morning I think?

Anyways... the price should be $499 for that sale... VERY nice considering they wouldn't give me that price (or anything NEAR it) last week when I was shopping around and bought mine. The guy would do $599 for me, but wouldn't go lower, even on the floor model they were blowing out (already marked down to 629 as I recall).

I just went to 2001 Audio Video and got it for $540 (621 with tax). I like the way they treat their customers there, and they aren't afraid to make a good deal for you. I also got speaker wire for 25% off.

Here is my one bit of advice for anyone thinking they might get it during this customer appreciation sale on Feb 20th. You can go to redflagdeals and in their forums there is a "everything else" for sale forum where numerous people sell Best Buy gift cards for .90 on the dollar... Get $500 in gift cards for $450 and use those on the purchase and you could save another $50..... ;)

MikeGee

Second Unit
THANK you VERY much for this information!! Best price i got here lately was 800$ so now all i gotta do is drive down to ontario to pick it up..unless anyone knows about how much it'd be to get it shipped here if i order online..
Whats the official date for this sale? Feb 25th?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks