Pink Panther DVD's anamorphic?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Patrick McCart, Feb 17, 2002.

1. Patrick McCart

Patrick McCart Lead Actor

Patrick McCart
    I almost bought the DVD for A Shot In The Dark and The Revenge of the Pink Panther, but I wasn't sure if they were anamorphic or not.

Could anyone confirm this? (I instead bought 3 OAR DVD's; WB's Being There, Columbia's ...And Now For Something Completely Different, and WB's MST3K: Manos The Hands of Fate.)

2. soop.spoon

soop.spoon Supporting Actor

3. Patrick McCart

Patrick McCart Lead Actor

Patrick McCart
    Thank you.

I wasn't sure since amazon.com will put "widescreen" but it's not determined if it's anamorphic.

I'll definately get these two titles now.

4. David Lambert

David Lambert Executive Producer

Patrick, if you go to the Amazon pages for both of these titles and look right above the link called "Click here for more technical details about this edition...", you will see that each of these are stated by Amazon to be anamorphic.

Good rule of thumb for Amazon, if they don't say it on the front page, check the "technical details" page. It ALWAYS says it there. On occassion they're wrong, but I've found their info to be pretty reliable.

I hope this helps,

5. Jeff Ulmer

Jeff Ulmer Producer

How is the image quality on Return of the Pink Panther - the one that was released by Pioneer (was that reissued?). Easily my favorite Pink Panther film.

6. Jeff Swindoll

Jeff Swindoll Supporting Actor

Return of the Pink Panther was put out by Artisan. It's letterboxed, but extremely grainy if I recall correctly. I only paid about $9 for it methinks. I dont think that Return was anamorphic. If anything it would appear to be a LD port over. Cheers.