What's new

Pink Panther DVD's anamorphic? (1 Viewer)

Patrick McCart

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Patrick McCart
I almost bought the DVD for A Shot In The Dark and The Revenge of the Pink Panther, but I wasn't sure if they were anamorphic or not.

Could anyone confirm this? (I instead bought 3 OAR DVD's; WB's Being There, Columbia's ...And Now For Something Completely Different, and WB's MST3K: Manos The Hands of Fate.)

soop.spoon

Supporting Actor
Could anyone confirm this?
Rather than post here, you could save some time and effort and go to an online retailer like dvdempire.com and look at the specs (or the back cover) yourself.

By the way, they are both anamorphic. The other two released by MGM (The Pink Panther and Strikes Again) are both OAR, but non-anamorphic.

Patrick McCart

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Patrick McCart
Thank you.

I wasn't sure since amazon.com will put "widescreen" but it's not determined if it's anamorphic.

I'll definately get these two titles now.

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
Patrick, if you go to the Amazon pages for both of these titles and look right above the link called "Click here for more technical details about this edition...", you will see that each of these are stated by Amazon to be anamorphic.

Good rule of thumb for Amazon, if they don't say it on the front page, check the "technical details" page. It ALWAYS says it there. On occassion they're wrong, but I've found their info to be pretty reliable.

I hope this helps,

Jeff Ulmer

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
How is the image quality on Return of the Pink Panther - the one that was released by Pioneer (was that reissued?). Easily my favorite Pink Panther film.

Jeff Swindoll

Supporting Actor
Return of the Pink Panther was put out by Artisan. It's letterboxed, but extremely grainy if I recall correctly. I only paid about $9 for it methinks. I dont think that Return was anamorphic. If anything it would appear to be a LD port over. Cheers.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks