What's new

Pink Floyd Remasters (including high-res Blu-ray Audio AND WYWH on SACD) - FINALLY! (1 Viewer)

CaseyL

Supporting Actor
I'm interested enough in this, I'll probably pick up the remasters as well as WYWH on SACD, but I'll probably give the Immersions the skip. Thanks for the info.

Ron Reda

Senior HTF Member
Curious to see when Acoustic Sounds starts advertising the WYWH SACD - they've been sitting on this treasure for years, one would think they'd be comping at the bit to get the news out.

Ruz-El

Fake Shemp
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Russell
My interest in these have waned. I might only buy the Dark Side Of The Moon immersion set.

Ron Reda

Senior HTF Member
Originally Posted by Russell G
My interest in these have waned. I might only buy the Dark Side Of The Moon immersion set.
For me, "The Wall" yes (only cuz I wanted to hear it in lossless/high-res surround as it's not my favorite PF album) but defnitiely not WYWH, that will sound fantastic.

keithling

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Keith Ling
I'd prefer to pay 30.00 each for the Blu-Ray Discs. 260.00 is really going to make the wife mad!

CaseyL

Supporting Actor
Any News on the WYWH SACD? It's still not available for order anywhere I've looked.

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman
Yeah. . .much as I'd like to get it, no way I can justify $35. Hopefully I'll find it on sale some time.
Amazon sells the DSotM SACD for $13, so I guess there's hope.

Ron Reda

Senior HTF Member
Originally Posted by Aaron Silverman /t/311324/pink-floyd-remasters-including-high-res-blu-ray-audio-and-wywh-on-sacd-finally/30#post_3841190
Yeah. . .much as I'd like to get it, no way I can justify $35. Hopefully I'll find it on sale some time.
Amazon sells the DSotM SACD for $13, so I guess there's hope.
Agreed. I have recently fells on some tough times and may have to wait myself. It sucks, I've only been waiting on this release for like 5+ years now.

CaseyL

Supporting Actor
Got these on release, and I can say they're a great improvement, however whoever is in charge of marketing these days, and keeps deciding that cardboard slip cases are the way to go for discs should be shot. I removed all the discs and put them in jewel cases so I don't scratch them every time I take a disc out. Now just waiting for WYWH sacd to ship.

Ruz-El

Fake Shemp
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Russell
I picked up the box of stuff version of DSOTM. not had a chance to listen to it. I really wanted the blu ray lossless versions. The extras marble and what not don't bother me. :)

Ron Reda

Senior HTF Member
Originally Posted by Mikael Soderholm /t/311324/pink-floyd-remasters-including-high-res-blu-ray-audio-and-wywh-on-sacd-finally/30#post_3865586
Caved in, although I stlll think it is expensive, but now I have WYWH SACD ordered , I see it as my Christmas present to myself.
I might just have to do this myself.

Here's a trailer for it:

Gary Seven

Grand Poo Pah
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gaston
I just ordered this.. expensive but what are you going to do? I was told only 10000 are being pressed with over 6000 orders already done. Looking forward to this. Apparently exclusive to Acoustic Sounds.

Ron Reda

Senior HTF Member
OK, I said screw it and just ordered my copy. There is indeed only 10K copies being pressed and they are indeed up to 6K right now. I ended up speaking to an employee there for a few minutes and they are so stoked about this title. Apparently, it's cased in a book-like edition, so it's really nice. She also mentioned that she had been receiving TONS of e-mails from people requesting Acoustic Sounds to work on "The Wall" in surround next. She said she told Chad Kassem this and he raised his eyebrow.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
royalserena
Recent bookmarks