What's new

Pics of the gaming rig (updated) (1 Viewer)

Dan B

Screenwriter
Nice setup, Scott! My dad just got a digital camera recently, so maybe I'll borrow it & get some pictures from my theater one of these days.

Keep on gamin',

-Dan

Jeffrey Noel

Screenwriter
Damn Scott, I'm jealous!! :D
BTW, how do you like the 32" Wega? I'm asking because I am planning on/thinking about getting one this summer. Pros? Cons?
Thanks in advance!

Scott L

Senior HTF Member
James- haha, usually the remotes are on the floor or couch so it's no big deal. :)
Jeff- The wega is great, though the menu does seem slow at times when cycling through the many options. This is why I really want a Cinema 7 or just anything that does macros.
Pros:
- toggable SVM (Off, Low, High). I do Off for DVDs, videogames and Low for cable TV. This feature alone makes it worth the extra $100 campared to its competitors (Tau, FST Pure) imo.
- awesome picture quality
- Looks and smells great :)
- Good build quality. Feels like it will last many years.
Cons:
- There seems to be a problem with the red levels *only* on the component input, it was pretty bad at first but now it's acceptable with the red push fix. I guess I just got a bad set. I'm sure an ISF cal would fix this.
- Slow menu, consecutive button presses aren't that responsive. Just annoying because I go into the menu a lot.
- Price. Quite a leap from the ~$500 27" wega
- VERY heavy. That TV stand it's on is actually for 27" and below. It took me and my brother to get it on there, no way is it a 1-man job, not even to get it out of the box. Plus the stand is bowing in a little. :b

Jeffrey Noel

Screenwriter
Thanks for the info Scott. Very helpful! I can't wait until this summer when I get one! My 26" RCA only accepts composite, not even S-video, and I still think DVDs look great. :D :D

Calvin Watts III

Supporting Actor
Cool pics!

Good job!

BTW, how do you like your Kenwood receiver?

I'm thinking of buying the VR-509...

Thanks!

Calvin

Scott L

Senior HTF Member
Jens- I'm just a wannabe. :) Still have many more consoles I want to get.
Calvin- The 507 has all the features I've ever wanted including CS 5.1 which is great for racing games. 2 optical and coax ins with S-video switching ain't bad. Only problem is that it is a budget receiver and sounds like one for music. That's just me though and I'm very picky about music, but with my income (none :)) I just can't afford an H/K or Denon.
For movie watching, cable, and videogames it's great and I never regret buying it, I'd purchase it again in fact if it broke. I'm sure you'll enjoy the 509.

Brett Hancock

Supporting Actor
Scott that line about the beanbag chair was hilarious. Nice set up. If all of my paycheck didn't go towards dvds and car insurance my game collection would rival yours. Still though I am happy with my NES, SNES, and Dreamcast.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
balajipackersmovers
Recent bookmarks