1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

Pick My Receiver!

Discussion in 'AV Receivers' started by Jeremy B., Nov 1, 2004.

1. Jeremy B.

Jeremy B. Stunt Coordinator

I can't seem to figure out which receiver is best for my needs. I am running a 46" Mitsu and two Klipsch RF-15 front towers. I am now looking to pick up a receiver, as I am slowly piecing everything together. I plan on going with the smallest of the Klipsch Reference center, and the two-way Klipsch rears (smallest Reference series there as well). The sub will more than likely be a 10" HSU if I can find one at my CompUSA. I will need component video switching for my dvd input and cable input, and would also like to have it for the PS2, but that is not a must. 80/20 movies to music in a carpeted 18 x 16 room, with very open walls on two sides. I have it narrowed down to the following:

H/K AVR 130
    Denon 1603
    Denon 1604
    H/K AVR 230 - If I can find a cheaper refurbed unit

Obviously price is the driving factor here, as I just don't have a lot of $$$ to drop on my setup right now. Hell, I might have to just go with the receiver and two towers for the next couple of months. before I can even buy my sub and center. Any input? Thanks in advance!!!

2. PaulDA

PaulDA Cinematographer

Paul
    At this level, you really can't go wrong as the receivers at this price point are all pretty similar in power/performance. It really comes down to features, ergonomics, warranty, aesthetics. Hard for anyone else to choose in that case instead of you. It is daunting, though, with all the choices out there. I can tell you that I got several good years out of my Denon AVR-1600 (and it's still going strong at my brother-in-law's house), FWIW.

3. Tingwe

Tingwe Stunt Coordinator

HK 230 or refurb 330 [​IMG]

4. ScottCHI

ScottCHI Screenwriter

you can pick your friends.

you can pick your receiver.

you can't pick your friend's receiver.