What's new

Photographing your HT??? (1 Viewer)

Ryan Peddle

Second Unit
I am looking to take some new pics of my HT. I have a crop of "taken by and idiot" (me) photos from about a year ago. But want to update.

I got some advice back then on how to take them, but if you take a look at my current pics, they didn't turn out that pretty.

I have made some changes to my equipment positions, speaker placements and room attire.

I feel it is time for some newer and more in depth pics.

Please, all though photogs out there who have taken glorious pics...help a brother out.

RAF

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Ryan,

Your pictures look fine. I've seen much, much worse. One suggestion I might give you is to perhaps not use a flash (especially for the shots where glass is involved.) That will eliminate the glare from the screen. (Alternatively, by changing the angle of the picture you can sometimes minimize the reflections). Most digital cameras are sensitive enough to work well in normal room lighting. And using a tripod can help in this regard as well.

Also, if you want to feature certain aspects of your HT you might try a series of shots involving close ups rather than just overall shots. And you can also use "thumbnails" which can be clicked on to produce larger images for people who want a closer look, yet will not take that long to load for those who are just browsing casually.

Good luck.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks