What's new

phone number at google.com (1 Viewer)

ace peterson

Second Unit
Does anyone know how to get your phone number off of google's search engine? I tried searching for the topic but wasnt successful, thought I'd try you guys. Thanks in advance.

Ace

PS- Incase you don't know, at google.com if you just type in your phone number (or anyone else's) it tells you the address of the location and also maps out how to get there.

Dave Poehlman

Senior HTF Member
I didn't know you could do this at Google. Hmm..

I'm trying to think of a scenario when I might want to use this.

My number is not listed, by the way.. so I don't show up. So, all you HT ladies enamoured with my photos, don't bother trying to look me up. ;)

Craig Robertson

Supporting Actor
i live in a rural area, so i get about 5 different phone books, each covering some slightly different area that my town is included in. one of the books has had my name wrong for the last 7 years, guess which book google used for me?:)

not that i mind if their info is incorrect. whenever i get a call for Mr. "mis-spelled", i can honestly tell them that "he's not here".:)

Bill Catherall

Screenwriter
If you're worried about your phone number being listed on Google then you probably don't want to know about the other dozen or so sites that also have it listed. Some of which don't provide a way to get removed.

Your personal information is and has always been easily available to anyone who wants to get it. Google didn't make it possible. Before the internet there were libraries. If you don't like it, then don't list your number in the phone book. That's where it all starts. Oh, and don't give the post office any change of address notices either. They maintain an address database too and they do give that info out.

Jesse Skeen

Senior HTF Member
I've tried stalking myself a few times just to see how much info on me is out there- you can find my phone number, but my address isn't in the phone book and I can't find it anywhere online either. I don't mind my phone number being out there since someone I actually want to talk to might want to call me, but I don't want to give my address to anyone unless I was sure they wouldn't go there and pillage me.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
royalserena
Recent bookmarks