What's new

Press Release PHE Press Release: Super 8 (4k UHD) (1 Viewer)

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
CELEBRATE THE 10TH ANNIVERSARY OF DIRECTOR J.J. ABRAMS’ THRILLING ADVENTURE AS IT ARRIVES ON 4K ULTRA HD FOR THE FIRST TIME

super84kuhdfront-s.JPG

Newly Remastered Film Debuts May 25, 2021 with Over Two Hours of Bonus Content

Writer/director J.J. Abrams and producer Steven Spielberg join forces for the extraordinary tale of youth, mystery, and adventure SUPER 8, debuting on 4K Ultra HD May 25, 2021 from Paramount Home Entertainment.

Originally released on June 10, 2011, SUPER 8 celebrates its 10th anniversary this year. Newly remastered for this 4K Ultra HD release, the critically acclaimed film stars Joel Courtney (The Kissing Booth), Kyle Chandler (“Friday Night Lights”), and Elle Fanning (“The Great”). Hailed upon its release as “the year’s most thrilling, feeling mainstream movie” (Richard Corliss, Time), SUPER 8 is Certified Fresh on Rotten Tomatoes.

The 4K Ultra HD release includes access to a digital copy of the film and more than two hours of previously released bonus content as detailed below:

4K Ultra HD Disc
· Feature film in 4K Ultra HD
· Commentary by J.J. Abrams, Bryan Burk, and Larry Fong
· The Dream Behind Super 8 (HD)
· The Search for New Faces (HD)
· Meet Joel Courtney (HD)
· Rediscovering Steel Town (HD)
· The Visitor Lives (HD)
· Scoring Super 8 (HD)
· Do You Believe in Magic? (HD)
· The 8mm Revolution (HD)
· Easter Eggs (HD)
· Deconstructing the Train Crash (HD)
· Deleted Scenes (HD)

Synopsis
SUPER 8 tells the story of six friends who witness a train wreck while making a Super 8 movie, only to discover that something unimaginable escaped during the crash. They soon discover that the only thing more mysterious than what it is, is what it wants.

# # #

About Paramount Home Entertainment
Paramount Home Entertainment (PHE) is part of Paramount Pictures Corporation (PPC), a global producer and distributor of filmed entertainment. PPC is a unit of ViacomCBS (NASDAQ: VIAC; VIACA), a leading content company with prominent and respected film, television and digital entertainment brands. The PHE division oversees PPC’s home entertainment and transactional digital distribution activities worldwide. The division is responsible for the sales, marketing and distribution of home entertainment content on behalf of Paramount Pictures, Paramount Animation, Paramount Television Studios, Paramount Players, MTV, Nickelodeon, Comedy Central and CBS and applicable licensing and servicing of certain DreamWorks Animation titles. PHE additionally manages global licensing of studio content and transactional distribution across worldwide digital distribution platforms including online, mobile and portable devices and emerging technologies.

SUPER 8
Street Date: May 25, 2021
U.S. Rating: PG-13 – intense sequences of sci-fi action and violence, language and some drug use

Thank you for supporting HTF when you preorder using the link below. If you are using an adblocker you will not see link. As an Amazon Associate HTF earns from qualifying purchases

Last edited:

NorgeRunner

Agent
Real Name
Martin
Thanks for the heads up on this fun gem. I'm going to watch it tonight on Hulu with my son since he loves Stranger Things and this has a real ST vibe to it.

Tommy R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tommy
Oh my! This came out 10 years ago?!?!

I saw it in the theater and liked it, but haven’t seen it since and haven’t really had any desire to. But I’m happy for those who want it on 4K, and I always like to hear about more and more films getting a 4K disc release.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Here is the preorder for the steelbook release. Still waiting for the standard 4k packaging...

Tommy R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tommy
Why HD at all?!?! I’m still watching VHS tapes on my tube tv and couldn’t be happier!

John Sparks

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Sparks
I guess I’m not just woke enough to jump on the band wagon to say that this film should be released in 4K, when there are others that should be, IMO.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
I guess I’m not just woke enough to jump on the band wagon to say that this film should be released in 4K, when there are others that should be, IMO.
Please, woke has nothing to do with it! Either you like the movie or you don't which in your case is the latter. Such an opinion is fine because I'm sure there are some film titles you really like and want to see on 4K disc that I don't care for. It's called film appreciation and it has little to do with being woke.

Tommy R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tommy
Funny how the generations have different points of reference. I think at the time, many people said it had a "Goonies" vibe. :D
Yeah, I remember the Goonies comparison. I honestly didn’t think it had the “vibe” at all of the 80’s movies it was compared to, but just had certain tropes. I think Stranger Things did what Super 8 was doing a lot better.

dpippel

Yoyodyne Propulsion Systems
Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Doug

It doesn't matter whether or not you "jump on the bandwagon." Super 8 IS being released in 4K. How about just being happy for the people who DO like this film that it's happening?

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
It doesn't matter whether or not you "jump on the bandwagon." Super 8 IS being released in 4K. How about just being happy for the people who DO like this film that it's happening?
Beyond that, it makes total sense that Super 8, which is just under ten years old and directed by a big-name director like J.J. Abrams, would come to 4k. It's not like a random low-budget movie like Friday The 13th Part 2 is coming to UHD.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
balajipackersmovers
Recent bookmarks