What's new

Phantom Menace is OUT (part 2) (1 Viewer)

Seth T

Stunt Coordinator
Hey Robert S,
Can you E-Mail me with the store location where you got your copy? I just called the local store over on this side of PDX and the guy said it doesn't come out until next week, and that was that.
Thanks!
[email protected]

Jason Guardiano

Stunt Coordinator
I checked the one in Northridge yesterday and the one in Encino today. I asked at both places and I was told it comes out the 16th.
frown.gif

No luck again in the San Fernando Valley.
------------------
JMaNtK421 hQ
"Hey! It's YOU"

Gruson

Second Unit
As Chris said, no Star Wars in TX.
I have reports from about 20 stores and no one will sell them.
-JW
------------------
Equipment:
Mitsubishi 65907 65" HDTV ISFd Steve Martin
Yamaha RX-V1000 6.1
Paradigm PW2200
Paradigm Studio CC
Paradigm Studio 40s
CV LS-15s
CV LS-8s
Toshiba 6200 Progressive
Pioneer CLD704 LD
Aura Bass Shakers
1080i DirecTV
See it:
Link Removed

Carlo_M

Senior HTF Member
Hey guys, you can take it easy now. Starting tomorrow you'll have the Godfather movies to tide you over until Ep1 streets on its official date.
wink.gif

You know, I'm going to buy this, but I just don't have the same "where is it on sale early" fever that the rest of you seem to have! What are you going to do with it between now and next Tuesday, out of curiousity?

JonZ

Senior HTF Member
We have 2 of said store in my town so I decided to go by and see if they were on the shelves-both had them.
And yes Im in the North East - NY.
------------------
Visit My Pathetic WebPage
"....With that in mind,I humbly add my own prophecy of
what the dawn of the new millennium shall bring forth-
one thousand more years of the same old crap" Jose Chung
[Edited last by JonZ on October 09, 2001 at 07:48 AM]

Max.Alamo

Auditioning
Carlo wrote:
"What are you going to do with it between now and next Tuesday, out of curiousity?"
Hey Carlo how about, Watch it a few times.

Richard Kim

Senior HTF Member
I was able to get a TPM DVD in NYC last night! I emailed the location on the mailing list earlier.
The video isn't that bad. A few shots looked a little soft, and the color scheme is a bit muted, but all in it was solid.
The audio is incredible! The pod race and final battle scenes are demo material.
The subtitles for the alien languages are player generated rather than burned in, but they fade out gradually, rather than disappear immediately like normal palyer generated subs do. A nice touch.

DanL

Stunt Coordinator
There were technical problems. Posts were repeating and doing other weird things.
Anyway..I ask again, anyone know if it's in New Mexico? email to [email protected] with chain name and possible locations, I'd much appreciate it.

Kraig Lang

Stunt Coordinator
Folks,
I was just wondering,
I know that it's cool to get movies early, to be able to say I got it, but should we be supporting the stores that are breaking street dates. Especially the one that is hinted to above.
In my mind, this is wrong in 2 ways; number 1 - your dollars are supporting a company that has the movie making industry sweating about rental pricing and Pan&Scan only. and number 2 - By breaking street date, the studios may not want to ship product early, thus possibly creating a late ship problem that may impact actual street dates. I know we don't want that.
Just be careful about who you giving your money too, even if it's about getting one of your favorite movies of all time early.
Kraig

Shayne Lebrun

Screenwriter
Just scored it in the Greater Toronto Area; too bad they didn't also have Final Fantasy and the new Holy Grail. :)
Please don't email asking where; I can't say. But it's in Richmond Hill. You'll know it if you know it.
[Edited last by Shayne Lebrun on October 09, 2001 at 06:16 PM]

Perry Jonkheer

Second Unit
Chicago anyone??
If you know the chain, please email me.
[email protected]
Thank You.
------------------
PJ
[Edited last by Perry Jonkheer on October 09, 2001 at 01:57 PM]
[Edited last by Perry Jonkheer on October 09, 2001 at 04:10 PM]

Tom Ryan

Screenwriter
Some of you people are checking a LOT of stores....I understand the enthusiasm, but isn't it easier and perhaps even more appropriate to just wait for the street date? Hopefully that's when mine will get here from Buy.com. Remember, folks, this is coming from a guy who stood in line for 25 hours to see the first showing of TPM in town.
-Tom

Dedrick

Agent
I just found it here in eastern Kentucky. I couldn't believe it when I saw it. Street dates are rarely broken here so this was a surprise.
------------------
Link Removed
Keep your flippers off my stache.

Brad M

Second Unit
I went to 2 of "those" stores here in Tulsa. They had them but had been told to put them back. Just my luck. I tried to bribe them with Aerosmith tickets but they wouldn't budge.
------------------
Terrorists, sleep tight, if you can. We're coming.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks