What's new

Pepsi To Go Vanilla This Summer (1 Viewer)

Carl Johnson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Carl III

I work for Pepsi and while Blue isn't selling as well as Vanilla Coke it's not a failure. I'd expect the company to keep selling it but just in 2 liters.

Jeff Kleist

Senior HTF Member
I'm suprised, I found Pepsi Blue pretty nasty ;) I'll tell you Carl, we had a lot of upset customers when you guys killed Pepsi Kona, one guy bought up every bottle we had (16oz and cans included)

Remember when they brought back Crystal Pepsi except it was citrus flavor?

Peter Kline

Senior HTF Member
Remember Canfield's Diet Chocolate Soda? It was so popular for a while it was shipping to all parts of the US even though it was a local brand... don't remember where it originated. Out in LA, us ex New Yawkers made low fat chocolate egg creams with it. Delicious!

MarkHastings

Senior HTF Member
I remember some company putting out a chocolate soda, the only problem was the chocolate settled on the bottom and it was very difficult to mix it back into the soda...

I remember one guy telling me he wasn't thinking and shook it too hard, then when he opened the soda...SQUIRT! FIZZ!!! :laugh:

Does anyone remember when Snapple made soda? I LOVED their cream soda, too bad they stopped making it :angry:

In fact, the Snapple soda was to compete with N.Y. Seltzer, that stuff was good too! Remember the commercials where David Coverdale (Whitesnake) would sing, "There's nothing in the world, just like NY Seltzer...It's the originaaAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAALLLL!!!!!!!!!!!"

Jon_Are

Senior HTF Member
NY Seltzer....dang, I forgot all about that! Is it gone for good?

Jon
(who also learned not to fill one of those pop-top sports water bottles with pop (ok...soda). Give it a tiny shake and it shoots all over the place.)

edit: Apparently NY Seltzer has been discontinued . :frowning:

Allen_Appel

Second Unit
Remember Canfield's Diet Chocolate Soda?
You can still get Canfield's Diet Chocolate Fudge Soda, as well as their Diet Cherry Chocolate Fudge Soda, in Gaithersburg, Maryland where I live. Good stuff, but with a little aftertaste and it's a little expensive. I believe cans now have a special lining and even if you shake a can, within seconds the bubbles have resettled. Doesn't apply to bottles or sport bottles, though.

Peter Kline

Senior HTF Member
Mark.

Those were chocolate and strawberry egg cream (made with milk) sodas in bottles. I last saw them a few years ago in Minneapolis. You had to be careful not to shake the bottle too hard. A few flips did the trick to mix the incredients. Canfield Chocolate soda has no milk in it. (You add your own to a glass to make an egg cream).

Peter

Carl Johnson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Carl III
I've only been with the company for a couple of years now, I've never even heard of Pepsi Kona. I think that the company should come out with a special flavor for the summer be it cherry, blue, vanilla, or something else but just for those few months. The new stuff sells when it first comes out but after that it's just taking up valuable shelf space.
On a side note Coke is about to release a new tropical version of Sprite, I saw a pallet of it in the Meijer warehouse this evening.

MarkHastings

Senior HTF Member
The new stuff sells when it first comes out but after that it's just taking up valuable shelf space
I don't know if you were in the discussion I had a while back, but that's the exact reason why these companies come out with so many different flavors.

Pepsi and Coke are in such competition over shelf space, they have to come out with new flavors to get more of their product on the shelves. If (for example) Pepsi only made Cola (no fancy flavors or different versions), they would be buried by all the different flavors of Coke that would require more shelf space than just the 1 flavor of Pepsi.

More flavors means more presence. I don't think the companies are worried as much if their "Flavor of the Month" isn't a best seller after a few months, they just want the additional shelf space for their product. That's why things like "Crystal Pepsi" aren't around anymore, it was just a marketing gimmick to boost sales, Pepsi never intended it to last as long as thier regular cola.

That's why I try not to get too addicted to these new flavors, because soon they'll be gone.

Marvin

Screenwriter
Real Name
Marvin
I'm suprised, I found Pepsi Blue pretty nasty
I never tried it, but I hated the commercial for it; the one they were showing during the baseball playoffs last year, with a group playing rap music while a guitarist with spiked hair dyed orange drinks the soda dyed blue. Uggh. Maybe the commercial was meant as a celebration of artifice. Whatever, it made me not want to try it.

Peter Kline

Senior HTF Member
Vanilla Coke isn't going away. It is one of the few recent intros that has been very successful. (The diet version is very popular with women). Notice that both Pepsi and Coke place product on the shelves of supermarkets themselves? They are usually spaced apart by store brands and other brands in-between. It's a very competitive business.

Ray Chuang

Screenwriter
Vanilla Pepsi Cola? Er, no thanks. :thumbsdown:

Given I didn't like Vanilla Coke with its combination Coca-Cola/cream soda taste, it's unlikely I'll like Vanilla Pepsi, too.

ColeKR

Stunt Coordinator
First Dr. Pepper's Red Fusion was just Dr. Pepper. It's sad but the guy who delivers the pepsi to our store and I had a long conversation about the new soda's that were out. I guess I really don't have a second I guess I'll say I hate the taste of Pepsi Blue.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks