What's new

Pepsi To Go Vanilla This Summer (1 Viewer)

Gregg Shiu

Second Unit
Real Name
Gregg Shiu
RC Cola anyone? (I was thinking about Dennis Regan's standup and remembered his bit about sodas you never see anymore)

Chris Farmer

Screenwriter
Eh, my roomie's a huge fan of RC Cola.

Incidentally, Sprite Citrus Remix or whateverthehellit'scalled is being sold in the MSC here at texas A&M. I'll be sure to get some tomorrow and report back on how it is.

Also anyone heard of Pepsi C? My roomie saw some in the local H-E-B, seemed to be possibly targeted at the Hispanic population (Spanish display, that sort of thing). It it just rebranded Pepsi or something else?

ThomasC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thomas
On a side note Coke is about to release a new tropical version of Sprite, I saw a pallet of it in the Meijer warehouse this evening.
Just got back from Wal-Mart not too long ago, they had 20oz bottles of this (Tropical Sprite Remix) going for 50 cents each. Stuck it in the fridge for a bit, just took it out. When I twisted the cap, a fruity aroma burst out like when you open a piece of Starburst. However, there's a lot less flavor than I thought there would be, but that's a good thing. Too much fruity flavor would probably make me sick of it in a few swigs. I don't think there'll be a "love it or hate it" thing over this. Give it a try if you see it.

Here's another review of the drink with a picture of the bottle: http://www.bevnet.com/reviews/spriteremix/

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
PEPSI VANILLA is here.

well at least here were i am.

this past friday i was in my local supermarket were the pepsi guy had stacked at least 200 hundred cases of pepsi V.

i went in today and they were all gone.

halfway into the first can i dont see taste any vanilla. only very sweet pepsi.
less carbonated the coke V.
But that may be a characteristic of pepsi.

Ron-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ron
It's here too. I had it mixed with Rum over the weekend, it was quite tasty.

Peace Out~:D

Peter Kline

Senior HTF Member
Pepsi may be too late. Vanilla Coke has fallen sharply in sales this summer according to several beverage publications. As a matter of fact all special flavor versions of colas have been hit hard. Drinkers are returning to the tried and true... regular and diet Coke and Pepsi rather then the variations.

MarkHastings

Senior HTF Member
Vanilla Coke has fallen sharply in sales this summer
Any kind of "fad" flavor does. The novelty wears off just as quickly as it began. The only true flavor that can stand the test of time would be the "Cherry" colas.

p.s. Until next year when "Asparagus Coke" comes out :D

Paul_Medenwaldt

Supporting Actor
Has anyone had Diet Sunkist? It is by far the best tasting diet soda I have ever had
Marc,

You should try Diet Rite. Its about the closest you will get to a regular tasting cola in a diet form. Diet Canada Dry Ginger Ale, Diet Cherry 7up are also great tasting diet sodas.

The only new soda i have really enjoyed has been Live Wire Mountain Dew, damn that stuff is good.

Paul

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
diet rite tastes good because it uses splenda not that awful stuff in the blue and pink packs.

Marc_Sulinski

Supporting Actor
I have had diet Rite before, but I don't like it as much as diet Sunkist. The sweetener in diet Sunkist is "SUNETT" brand sweetener, which appears to be new to the market.

I also really like diet Cheerwine, which also uses Splenda.

Shane Bos

Second Unit
I had some Vanilla Pepsi yesterday and it is great. I will have to try it with Rum. However Vanilla Coke (now insert Vanilla Pepsi) and Bacardi O (orange flavoured rum) are very very good.

MikeAlletto

Senior HTF Member
I still buy vanilla, cherry AND coke classic. I'll have to give vanilla pepsi a try but I really don't like pepsi...

Mark Shannon

Screenwriter
Vanilla Coke is bad enough.
Pepsi's even worse.
Combining the two must be disgusting.

Everyone likes Coke... why do you think all those "no name" sodas taste more like Coke than Pepsi?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks