What's new
World Wide Stereo

People with 2, 3, 4 subs - how do you split the signal!? (1 Viewer)

Kenneth Harden

Screenwriter
I know at least one of you freaks somewhere on the interner is running EIGHT SVS subs. How do you distribute the signal?

Are you using a bunch of splitters, or do you have a active splitter as so you do not loose a lot of signal strengh?

Thanks!

728x90

Geoff L

Screenwriter
Real Name
Geoff
When talking of throwing a sub signal from your Receivers or Pre's "single sub out" to ~{8 or more separate self powered subs}~, "might" require a line driver/level booster. Just "depends on" the Receivers or Pre's sub-out/s clean signal power "available".

But for most, running 2-3-4 subs, maybe even more, just using spliters/Y-adaptors and also possibly even feeding both the R&L inputs, (if the plate amps have them), usually works fine.

Of course using (decent quaility Y-adaptors & cables) would be a good idea to "try to keep the introduction of noise to a min". Hopefully no more than if just one sub cable to a single sub was run. More connections, more chances of noise finding a way into the signal.

There are a few different types of Y-adaptors, Hard and Soft. Most use Soft cable Y-adaptors similar to **this**. This Y-adaptor cost 9.95 plus shipping at Surplustronics and is of much higher quaility than the price would indicate.

Both, 1-female to 2-male, or 1-male to 2-female are available.

There are also full length one piece Y-sub cables made by a number of cable manufacuters...

Many different ways of acomplishing the same thing, feeding multipul subwoofers. Y-adaptors, Hard or Soft are most often used I would imagine...

I have 4-DIY subs wired using Y-adaptors and have no noise or lack of signal streangth to drive the subs even when using the Auto On fuction on all 4 of the Plate Amps.

Regards
Geoff ¥

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alianalbuck
Recent bookmarks