What's new

PC- Official Civ III patch coming out end of the week.. (1 Viewer)

Jay H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jay
CivFanatics Forum link
Jeff from Firaxis posted that on the CivFanatics forum... hopefully it'll fix some of the bugs and minor issues in the game...
Stay tuned fellow HTF Civ III players.
Finally after getting my new 1.0gig AMD machine up and running I started a nice sized Pangaea with 6 other civs and its nice and fast... stable too.
Jay

Kenneth

Supporting Actor
That will be nice. I didn't run into any of the bugs that others encountered but I definitely would like to see a reduction in the corruption levels. I had been away from Civ III for awhile while I played Return to Castle Wolfenstein. However, I switched back while I wait for my RAM upgrade (upgrading to 512MB) and GeForce 3 Ti200 video card.

Kenneth

Jay H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jay
Hey Kenneth, I'm asking for RtCW for xmas (if you've seen my thread on that below)... I guess we have similar gaming tastes :)
The one big bugfix I'm looking to is the Air suppiority bug. Fighter planes are supposed to engage enemy bombers in their zone of control however somehow doesn't always work. Corruption will probably be toned down too. There should be a readme.txt file posted that will hopefully explain what the fixes are going to be...
Right now I'm playing the Greeks..
Thanks Kelley, it's been about a full month now.. :)
Jay

Jeff Peake

Supporting Actor
Anyone else noticing the problem that selecting PANGEA type maps always give you CONTINENTAL maps. I have never been able to play pangea......what gives.

Jay H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jay
Jeff, in the 3 or 4 games I played before I upgraded PC's I've never had a problem with Pangaea worlds.. They would have a few "satellite" islands but for the most part you and your enemies start on the same "continent".

Chris: no, nothing official, just a lot of speculation. Look for that Readme.txt file that may be posted on CivFanatics later on, that should list what's going to be in the patch or so....

Jay

Jay H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jay
Cool, thanks, I haven't been checking the forums there that much, been to busy getting my PC to run. Looks like they fixed the Air Superiority problem and a bunch of other bugs I heard about.
Player is no longer able to extort 200000000+ gold per turn from the AI.
!!!!!!! How does one do this?, I never heard of this one, :)
Jay

Travis Hedger

Supporting Actor
Jay, I heard that someone was able to do this over on Ars-Technica.

Basically he would keep asking every single turn for 9999999 Gold. The rival Civ would keep denying the request but would eventually get tired of it and give in. He stated it took 25-30 turns for it to work.

Jay H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jay
Interesting, my next question is how did the AI even get enough money to pay the guy? :)
Just kidding, an obvious bug, wonder if the number was so large as to appear negative if stored as a signed integer value, no way on earth could anybody afford to pay out that kind of dough per turn, although it reminds me of the money cheat in SimCity 2000 where you can set taxes to like -1 or something like that and get gazillion money per round...
P.S. I check the firaxis patch site and no patch so far...
Jay

Kenneth

Supporting Actor
The patch is up on Link Removed Looks like I will get to give it a run through tonight. It is 7.3MB though :eek:
Kenneth

Jay H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jay
Thanks Ken, I got an email from civfanatics saying its up.. I'm registered there.. That's one big patch, I wonder if it'll affect my saved games cause I've got a game in progress right now...

Shall check it out soon...

Jay

Jay H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jay
IMPORTANT notice for v1.16f patch
I got this this morning in my inbox regarding that patch from Firaxis:
Important Civ3 Patch Update
-------------------------------
Jeff Morris posted this in our forum at around 10 PM EST (11/07):
------
Hey guys. Turns out the install grabbed the wrong exe. I've sent the patch to Thunderfall so he can make it available for you (I'd attach it myself, but the 500k cap won't let me). We'll be pounding on it all night, so if you find any problems, please email me directly at [email protected]. Thanks.
------
The CORRECT patch is available at
http://www.civfanatics.com/
This new version of v1.16f seems to work fine on Win2K and XP. After I installed this new version, the F keys no longer crash the game and the diplomacy advisor screen seems to work fine on my Win2K Pro. :) Several forum users have confirmed that the new version of the patch works fine on their Win XP.
Discuss this new version of the patch in the forum:
http://forums.civfanatics.com/showth...threadid=11381
Regards,
Thunderfall
Thunderfall is the moderator at civfanatics... Seems like there is a problem with Win2k/WinXP users and this patch so hold off on installing this until Firaxis fixes this problem. The updated patch is on civfanatics.com but I think they're getting too many downloads and are having technical problems... For me, I'll simply wait til civ3.com has an official patch up and running...
Jay

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks