What's new

PB2ISD vs. PB2+ (1 Viewer)

TonyWright

Second Unit
Hello all,

I am asking yet another sub question. It was suggested that I take a look at the PB2-ISD over the PB2+. I would very much appreciate your opinons here.

I generally listen to my setup at around -20 to -25 from reference and I get SPL peaks averaging in the mid 90's. Some have been known to get into the 100's.

What I am wondering is whether I could get what I need from a PB2-ISD for my listening levels? Would it be enought that I wouldn't have to upgrade anytime soon?

Thanks in advance for your help here I apologize for asking so many questions related to these subs.

Tony Wright

Allen_N

Stunt Coordinator
What are your room dimensions? I just ordered the PB2-ISD so I'll give my opinion of it next week when I receive it.

Rogelio D

Agent
I would say the PB2-ISD would be fine at your listening levels.

If you are a 'normal' person it will work fine.

If you are an 'insane' upgrade-aholic, like many on here, then no- it won't work skip the ISD and 2+, get two B4+'s.
:D

Seriously, people on here usually say if you can afford the extra $, get the 2+. But I bet the 2-ISD would be fine.

Ask Tom V or Ron, though, they are the experts.

TonyWright

Second Unit
My room dimensions are as follows:

17' wide and 25' long. One of the 25' walls has 4 windows and a door. The other 25' side opens into a kitchen about halfway down the length of the wall.

Thanks!

Tony

steve nn

Senior HTF Member
I generally listen to my setup at around -20 to -25 from reference and I get SPL peaks averaging in the mid 90's. Some have been known to get into the 100's.
__________________________________________________ _____

Tony for what it's worth I think the 2-ISD would do you just fine. Two ISD drivers coupled with the filter in the size enclosure your looking at would give you all the performance your looking for imo. It would be able to far surpass the level of performance that you mention with ease. :emoji_thumbsup:

TonyWright

Second Unit
Thanks Steve.

I am thinking more and more along those lines. I think the wife will like this change of mind :D.

Tony

steve nn

Senior HTF Member
Cool! All is well that ends well. Your going to wined up with a sub that will meet all your needs and blow your socks off. A happy wife to boot! Man life sure can be good;)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks