What's new

(4) PB2-ISD's VS. (2) B4-Plus's (1 Viewer)

RyanWarEagle

Agent
Hello all, I am thinking about the upgrade. I have 2 pb2isd's right now and i am going to upgrade. I have a theater room that is 22x17x8. I know that I "do not need" anymore than what I have right now but you know how that goes. My options are to sell the 2 pb2isd's and get 2 b4plus's or either add 2 more pb2isd's. Going with 4 isd's would be much cheaper, but would it be possible to get all four of them to sound right together? Also if I could get them all together properly, how would they compare to 2 b4-plus's? Any help would be great. Thanks guys.

RyanWarEagle

Agent
Hello all, I am thinking about the upgrade. I have 2 pb2isd's right now and i am going to upgrade. I have a theater room that is 22x17x8. I know that I "do not need" anymore than what I have right now but you know how that goes. My options are to sell the 2 pb2isd's and get 2 b4plus's or either add 2 more pb2isd's. Going with 4 isd's would be much cheaper, but would it be possible to get all four of them to sound right together? Also if I could get them all together properly, how would they compare to 2 b4-plus's? Any help would be great. Thanks guys.

Eddie Horton

Stunt Coordinator
I don't have a clue, but whatever you do I'd glady make the drive from Bham to Auburn to hear that!!!

Eddie Horton

Stunt Coordinator
I don't have a clue, but whatever you do I'd glady make the drive from Bham to Auburn to hear that!!!

Kevin C Brown

Senior HTF Member
Yes, 2 B4+.

4 of the smaller ones will get you output, but 2 of the bigger ones get you output *and* low freq extension.

As far as integration, I think that more subs are usually easier to integrate than fewer. Some white papers over on Harmon Intertnational's web site about that.

Kevin C Brown

Senior HTF Member
Yes, 2 B4+.

4 of the smaller ones will get you output, but 2 of the bigger ones get you output *and* low freq extension.

As far as integration, I think that more subs are usually easier to integrate than fewer. Some white papers over on Harmon Intertnational's web site about that.

Robert Cowan

Supporting Actor
i would question whether you could do 4 of them, one crossed over speaker level with each main and each surround... this would give the best HT integration.

BUT, if you did 2 B4+'s, you could do them as main preout subs and get a similar result.

Robert Cowan

Supporting Actor
i would question whether you could do 4 of them, one crossed over speaker level with each main and each surround... this would give the best HT integration.

BUT, if you did 2 B4+'s, you could do them as main preout subs and get a similar result.

Mark Seaton

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Mark Seaton
A much more even comparison would be 4 cylindar subs vs. the B4+. Obviously the ability to not have to sell your current subs is easier. With 4 subwoofers you would have a nice option of placing the subwoofers in a few locations. Or just keep all 4 in a corner. Of course one single subwoofer may be easier to set up and locate aesthetically.

Some considerations.

ChuckRG

Agent
I'd also vote for the 2 B4's only for simplicity sake (and if you can, place them symmetrically so they do not create cancellation. Harmon Kardon web site not withstanding, getting 4 subs to integrate is NOT easy.

At least that was my experience as I had 2 B4's and 2 PB2+'s and the 2 B4's alone sound (in my room) much better

BryanZ

Screenwriter
Might I be so bold as to suggest an alternative? What about either dual PB2-Ultras ($2,550 each delivered) or dual PB2-Plus subs ($1,298 each delivered)? One thing to note is you could pick up either dual PB2-Ultras or four PB2-Plus subs for the price of two B4s. And that thought is just sick. Better bring in a structural engineer to verify the structural integraty of the house.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks