What's new

PB2-Ultra! (1 Viewer)

NateF

Stunt Coordinator
Hidden in an unassuming thread, the first real mention of the PB2-Ultra by none other than Ron himself:

http://hometheaterforum.com/htforum/...00#post1646400

[edited to add the quote]

I hope Ron doesn't mind me quoting his post from the above thread:

----------------begin quote-------------------
The second, is the rumored PB2-Ultra. Same wood finish choices as the PB1-Plus mentioned above (to wit: natural, pickled pine, antique brown, red mahogany, and jet black). As above too it'll be clear cabinet grade veneer on very costly 11 ply walls (a small step down from the hardwood maple used in the B4-Plus but very similar looking).

Oh, you don't care about finish on the PB2-Ultra?? ;^) Ok, it'll have a 900 watt amp (we're still finalizing the feature set) and naturally a pair of our Ultra woofers and three 4" ports. It'll be a decent performance bump over the PB2-Plus but we know raw performance is only part of the reason folks lust over that cutting edge woofer. This time the Ultra guise will include looks that the PB2-Plus (in its basic but still sexy textured black) subs don't have as well. Our CFO is still running the numbers but we're pushing hard for a $2,000ish price point (not of interest to EdD in this case but I couldn't very well not mention the PB1-Plus and not this sub too.). Again, we're looking at a very rough 60 day goal for pre-orders. Lots of work remains and it could be 90 or 120 days. We don't intend to rush it when we're still not caught up with PB2-Plus orders that's for sure.

So there you have it. If it weren't for persistent mail and connectivity problems this week this would have been up on our News page already. That should be remedied by tomorrow. For now you can honestly say you heard it here first. Hope EdD can forgive me for providing much more input than I'm sure he intended to provoke.

Ron
-----------------end quote--------------------

NateF

Stunt Coordinator
I win, I win! ;) Edited my first post to include Ron's description from the other thread. Personally, I'm really looking forward to the PB2-Ultra. I had to put off my purchase of an SVS for a couple months due to financial reasons, and maybe in that time I'll be able to save enough for the Ultra. My walls are trembling at the thought ;)

-Nate

Arthur Vino

Stunt Coordinator
Fair enough, Jack! I wish I ahd the ability to delete my own thread, then I would..
conversation continues here..
:emoji_thumbsup:

steve nn

Senior HTF Member
WOW! Thats good news. A PB2-ULTRA! I canceled my PB2-PLUS order and put that $$$ to-wards new speakers. I hated canceling the PB2-PLUS but I really needed new speakers. The mighty sub GOD is looking out over me. Having the PB2-ULTRA for a bass option will be a hoot. Put me down for one Tom V and remember how my invoice will need to read.;) I'll start embezzling now so I will be ready when it makes it's debut.

Steve Morgan

Second Unit
Real Name
Steve
The PB2 Ultra is a fantastic sub. I don't know How many Beta testers Tom and Ron have but I feel very fortunate to be one of them! The amp is the same amp in the Pb2+ from what I can tell. See post PB2 Ultra in the House.
Steve

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks