What's new

Partsexpress Sub kits....worth $350+shipping or is my $350 best spent elsewhere? (1 Viewer)

Rick RTM

Grip
Im looking into a decent HT sub for 100% movies and im in an appartment and dont need it loud but want CLEAN. they have a kit : Here
I just want something in the $200 (used) - $350 range for movies
thanks
RTM

Mike_A

Stunt Coordinator
if you want to build yourself and can do a bit of wood working, then just buying the sub driver and amp would be cheaper and just as good (if not better since you could tune the sub to your likings). if that sounds interesting, check out the DIY section of the forum - there's lots of people willing to help and you can build something that could easily beat out anything commercially available in that price range.

with that said, the PE kit is supposd to be pretty darn good and would basically save you the trouble of cutting the wood.

Dustin B

Senior HTF Member
The Daytone Titanic is a great driver. But as I see it the only reason to go with a 10" Titanic driver is if you really want a really small enclosure. 14"^3 is a tiny sub.
For the same money in a larger enclosure though you can get a sub that will go lower and louder. 3 to 6 cubic feet for a Dayton DVC 12" or a Shiva. 6 to 12 cubic feet for a Tempest. There are a few other options as well. Head over to the DIY/Advanced section and the guys there can help you decide on what driver and enclosure size you need.
Another option is Kyle of Acoustic Visions can custom build you a sub in your price range (or supply a kit that you just have to assemble). He'll take your price range, information and desires and recommend what he feels would be the best option for you.
Link Removed

JerryW

Supporting Actor
I second Kyle at Link Removed. They sell top-notch products at very reasonable prices. Check them out.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks